First time brewing! Fermentation question. (Mr. Beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micheletti

Reaction score
First, I'd like to say hello. I am new to brewing and new to this forum. I have read a lot of great things already.

I have a question. I just began brewing a West Coast Ale with my new Mr. Beer. I started it 72 hrs. ago and still haven't seen any fermentaion. No thick foamy action going on. All I see is a very very thin layer of bubbles going on, on the top of the beer. I didn't look at it for 24 hrs after I started the brewing process. Could it have fermented in 24 hrs. and I missed it? It does have condensation on the upper part of the Mr. beer keg. Help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Jason

What's the temperature where you're fermenting? That, to a large extent, will determine the speed of the ferment. Also, do you have a hydrometer yet? That's the only way you can tell for certain the progress of the fermentation.

First, I'd like to say hello. I am new to brewing and new to this forum. I have read a lot of great things already.

I have a question. I just began brewing a West Coast Ale with my new Mr. Beer. I started it 72 hrs. ago and still haven't seen any fermentaion. No thick foamy action going on. All I see is a very very thin layer of bubbles going on, on the top of the beer. I didn't look at it for 24 hrs after I started the brewing process. Could it have fermented in 24 hrs. and I missed it? It does have condensation on the upper part of the Mr. beer keg. Help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Jason

welcome to hbt :mug:don't know much about the mr. beer but check this sticky
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/mr-beer-read-all-about-ask-questions-46360/
should help you out
edit - these guys are fast

No, don't have a hydrometer. Don't know anything about them really. It is about 69 degrees were I have it

you have bubbles.be glad. its going on.there is a party in there .sometimes the party is bigger than others.ha.keep it at suggested temps and it will do its thing. wait 2 weeks probably 3 before botteling and it will be good.Generally higher temps make it more active but you dont really always want higher temps, its still gotta conditon after its done and at a final gravity: This is where the confusion lies. when its done- thats good- but it needs to condition for a few weeks. Im pretty shure some of my batches were done within 3-10 days but you still dont want to bottle yet until it matures. Get a hydro if you think you will brew more in the future and use a brew calculator, it helps.Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back