Brew Blog!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I've been dinking around with this idea for a couple weeks and have now got enough posted to let people see it. Its basically our brewing log but I nerded it up a bit and put it as a website.

I still have some features in mind that currently aren't coded yet, but here it is. Comments welcome!

http://brewblog.ten28design.com/

P.S. I've noticed some PCIE weirdness that I haven't figured out why yet. But it looks exactly like I want it to in Firefox.

ian said:
P.S. I've noticed some PCIE weirdness that I haven't figured out why yet. But it looks exactly like I want it to in Firefox.
You need to put the "box model" hack into your style sheets...let me know if you need some help with that.

Thanks! but there aren't any box model issues that I've noticed. The only thing that looks weird is that some of the text disapears visually but its there in the source.

Also, for the web nerds out there - This doesn't validate totally yet. I'm bad about not putting alt tags in my image tags and also there is a CSS error that I just noticed. Should have "text-align" in one place and I just have "align".

Pistolero, did you notice something specifically that looked wrong with margins, padding, or borders that the box model hack would address? Which one do you use? Tantek?

Thanks again!

No, when you said "looks weird in IE" I just assumed it was box model issues. Sorry, didn't realize you were a CSS guru. :eek:

El Pistolero said:
Sorry, didn't realize you were a CSS guru. :eek:
Not a guru, just some guy trying to do cool stuff ;)

El Pistolero said:
Hey Ian, do you do your own artwork?
Yep

Do you like it? I'm pretty happy with the way the design came out. But, like I said, there are all kinds of features that I intend to put in v1.1 :D But, yeah, the whole site (for better or worse) is all from my noggin.

Thanks Wayne,
Yeah, I noticed that this morning. Its a difference in the version of MySQL that I have at home (that this site was developed on) and the one that my service provider runs. The older one (the one that the host provides) handles the unix datetime format a little differently than the new one (on my computer at home).

Thanks though, I will address it this evening probably. :D

How did the rest of it look to you?

I just noticed another error, look at what happens when you try to click one your name in the comment. Its funny how you code these things and fail to consider every possible contingency. I assumed that everyone would put http:// in front of their URL, mistake on my part.

Have not gotten a chance to really look too deeply into it, but it looks great at first site. I like the images. Well done.

Update - -

For the web nerds in the house it now validates

But, the date thing isn't rectified. I thought that I had changed it but must have copied over it or something. Also, I need to address the url link when you leave your site address when posting a comment. And I see I need to change a little bit of javascript for the photo album popups.

But, the cool thing is that the batch information is there and the pics show up!

Back