Water Cooler bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ize.
Which of these are suitable for a primary fermentor? Which is suitable for a secondary fermentor?
Thanks

There are a lot of people using plastic primaries they get with the kits they buy. (Mine is now my bottling bucket) Many are starting to use the "Better Bottles" which look like the water bottles I have in my home and I'm sure you've seen. It's all in what you want to use.

Regardless, any plastic you use you should try to make sure is gouge-free. Gouges in plastic tend to harbor nasties which will ruin your beer. I prefer glass, but that's just me.

LOL, it's all about knowing your plastic.

Ize

Ize said:
There are a lot of people using plastic primaries they get with the kits they buy. (Mine is now my bottling bucket) Many are starting to use the "Better Bottles" which look like the water bottles I have in my home and I'm sure you've seen. It's all in what you want to use.
FYI: The 'better bottles' are made of PET (#1 on the very informative link you posted, Ize).

So, Brewin.... if your bottles are made of PET, you can use them for fermenters.

I tryed this myself as a secondary and it has been working ok so far but when i racked my cider it was a PITA to get clean. so if you do it don't put alot a faith into it and keep an eye on it. mine is a #3...goodluck

Latest posts

Back