good brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderThePorchBrewing

Reaction score
worked a half day today came home and decided it was going to be a brew afternoon. second all grain. BierMunchers Black Pearl Porter. measured and crushed the grain (have to fine tune my corona mill) mashed, my temp was a little off but ended ok. while mashing did a few odd jobs around the house, then started my boil and while boiling split some firewood. ended with my OG only a little off :ban: for a second AG I'm thrilled as my first was much worse. then I had some time and bottled my chocolate doppelbock and can now watch the Phillies:mug:

how was your Eff.?

just shy of 70% used a little less than 2 qt per lb for the mash and then a small sparge for the remainder. my crush on the first AG was not good enough and got only 50% so after reading several different threads here upped the mash volume adjusted my mill more and hoped to get near 70%. now I get to fine tune the process

Back