Back from outer space

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernik

Reaction score
As the lady says, I'm back from outer space. I used to post on here a year, year and a half ago as feedthebear. I forgot my password and I don't use the email address anymore that it was registered to.

Life's been busy. I've been working hard on loosing weight, about 40lbs. As part of my effort to do it, I almost completely stopped drinking. And since I had seven 5-gallon batches bottled, I haven't been brewing either.

Now I'm down to about a case of Bitter, Agave Hefeweissen, and Grand Cru. Plus I have a case of failed red wine which is awesome for adding to pasta sauce, a case of marginal peach wine, and I have a peach mead still conditioning in carboy.

The Agave-Hefe is probably the best thing I have bottled right now.

Missed brewing. Missed the forum.

I'm glad to be back.

:fro:

I will.

But first, I think I'm going to rack that mead and see if its oxidized or gone astringent.

Okay make that third. First, I'm going to drink a beer. Second I'm going to clean the kitchen. Then I'll rack the mead and sample it.

And you're not even violating the law any more. At least in regards to homebrewing.

I'm still breaking the law for the next 5 days. July 1, the laws change.

And I'll even be able to go to a bar and not have to buy a membership. Its almost like they think we are grown-ups or something.

I just racked the mead. It didn't vinegar and it didn't go astringent. It might be better if it had. I think it has too delicate a flavor for my taste buds. White clove honey and peaches.

Back