Snakes on a Plane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going out on a limb and saying that this movie is going to be a disappointment (box-office wise). Too much hype, the mania seemed to crest about three months too soon. At this point, the joke is old.

Hollywood hasn't put out a decent scary flick in some time. Jackson doesn have drawing power and thriller/horror flicks have done ewll of late...I'm sure the movie will be rotten though.

Chimone said:
i got everyone at the office with a samuel l jackson phone call. most were unimpressed

How lame can you be? How can you not be impressed by a sam jackson phone call? Especially when he talks **** to you.

I've been sending this message to several friends and most loved it! Can’t wait for this film to open. I think it will be either genuinely scary or a barrel of laughs for all the wrong reasons. Either way, it'll be entertaining!

the_bird said:
I'm going out on a limb and saying that this movie is going to be a disappointment (box-office wise). Too much hype, the mania seemed to crest about three months too soon. At this point, the joke is old.

Good call!

I'm kinda glad it has a disappointing opening. The hype was a bit annoying

I haven't seen the numbers yet, what did it pull in? They're going to make a boatload of money on it, regardless, since it was so cheap to film.

EDIT: Oooh, only $15M? They'll still make $$, but had the movie come out about three months ago I would have pegged that figure at at least twice that.

the_bird said:
6th place in its second week... beaten out by "Beerfest!"

Maybe they WON'T make money after all!

Wow - that's bad. And the funny thing is that it got decent reviews

Speaking of Beerfest, I think we owe it to ourselves to go see that. Maybe have a HBT field trip...

Now, what if the beerfest site let you mail a cold promotional brew to your buddies...?

The reviews that I read were mostly "It could have been a lot worse - and that would have been a good thing!"

Turned out to be just a medicore flick when people wanted a disaster.

the_bird said:
The reviews that I read were mostly "It could have been a lot worse - and that would have been a good thing!"

Turned out to be just a medicore flick when people wanted a disaster.

Where did you get the infor that it ranked 6th this weekend? Rotten Tomatoes says it's 9th!!!

I bet it does well in the DVD market. It's something I want to see eventually; I'm just not paying $10 bucks and getting a baby sitter to go see it.

I searched Yahoo! News, it was in an article. $6.3M, I think, right below BeerFest and that other college flick, the fake college...

I'm thinking DVD sales will be medicore as well - the buzz is just gone. It just sounds like it was neither terrible enough nor good enough to be entertaining. My ***** with the movie was that it had the potential for a sh*tload of unintentional comedy, but then they tried to force it; you can't intentionally have unintentional comedy, you know?

the_bird said:
...it had the potential for a sh*tload of unintentional comedy, but then they tried to force it; you can't intentionally have unintentional comedy, you know?

Ya, I agree. I'm a big fan of bad movies - Plan 9, Manos... all those.

Who knows - it will be interesting to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back