What can I cook up with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samc

Reaction score
yhst-53726231394772_2054_10690665

My neighbor is a dentist and gave me an Evac-u-trap after I told him I could put it to good use in brewing. It is too small for a Hopback and I can't think of what else to do with it. Any ideas?

4" Height, 2" diam at base with stainless steel mesh screen insert and screw on cover.

Is it a pass-through device? Or just a screen inside a sealed container with lid?

Is it a pass-through device? Or just a screen inside a sealed container with lid?

Screen inside container, the lid is used for disposal, when the unit is in use it screws into the waste line. No pass- through although a fitting could easily be added.

It is clean and never used. And whats the big deal if a few hundred people spit blood & saliva into it? LOL

Make a great mini-randall, as it would only take a few grams of hops at a time. Just right to put a bloom on an evening's pints.

drill the lid, and the side of the cannister, and add fittings...

...should be able to dry-hop with it, or filter out the bigger bits as you transfer

--Matthew

I like the mini "Son of Randall" idea. I think that is the way to go after I rig it up so I can remove it easily. Maybe with another QD & liquid post inline.

Back