New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first two batches of beer... interesting how they're so close in color, although not in taste!

Left is technically a Blonde Ale that came out more like an Amber, and Right is a Belgian Pale ... that came out more like a Dubbel. :) Happy (delicious) accidents, both, IMO!

khXk2b.jpg

"no style but I don't care"

Munich + peated + brown sugar + Belgian yeast (3787)

Red/copper color

Sorry for the rotated photo but I can't do nothing I'm the app (i also tried to rotate the photo on the opposite direction before upload it)

View attachment 1448052649557.jpg

Refinement of my German lager recipe.

Previous batch and new batch. New recipe is just a touch lighter due to lower OG.
View attachment 318139

First time I've done a 15G batch. If this beer is anything like the last batch, it's going to be a guzzler.
View attachment 318140

18G in a 20G Blichmann G1. Good thing for FermCap-S!
View attachment 318141

What are all the tubes from your fermenters for? What are you doing exactly? Just trying to learn... Thanks

What are all the tubes from your fermenters for? What are you doing exactly? Just trying to learn... Thanks

If you look closer at the picture you can see the plate chiller going to a tee, the tee goes to a cross, the cross has 3 hose barbs and those hose barbs have hoses that run to each fermenter.

That's how i split my batches to ensure homogeneity.

ANk2Zae.jpg

Also here is my current brown ale on tap.

Brown malt is so interesting. Liquid toffee I'd call it: Sweet, licorice, caramel, and toffee with a little bit of roast.

It's damn good. Best brown yet!

Sampled a couple of my latest batch of Cooper's English bitter. 3lbs plain extra light Munton's with an ounce of EKG @ 15 minutes this time. Lighter DME let bittering shine through more. Toasted bread with caramel flavors & nice bittering. Crystal clear with way better head this time. Cell phone pic...

Curious: What is the technique used to purposely brew it darker?

sorry i wrote wrong, i meant more dark than i wanted! my target was a a intense orange! i added 2 oz of roasted barley in 5,5 gal (1,3%) the rest was pils! beersmith predicted 15ebc but is a lot darker!

^^ That's a beautiful looking beer! ^^

thanks! :mug:
it is pils+hint of roasted +WY 3724 +A TON of citra!:)

Enjoying a Krampus ale. Worked out to be 9.8 abv. It took 2.5 months to carb. Nice at 50 degrees, leaves you nice and warm.

20151206_165651_resized.jpg

my phone decided i have to quid drinking, he told me that stopping focus beer image!

anyway this is a rochefort 10 clone (first bottle openet to controll carbonation)

2015-12-11 17.43.27.jpg

Latest posts

Back