Full Moon Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
Anybody brewing under the full moon tonight? Anybody howling at the moon? I'm brewing my Wee Wheatie...first time I've ever not used somebody else's recipe. Can't do any howling till the kids go to bed...at least not at loud. :)

El Pistolero said:
Anybody brewing under the full moon tonight? Anybody howling at the moon? I'm brewing my Wee Wheatie...first time I've ever not used somebody else's recipe. Can't do any howling till the kids go to bed...at least not at loud. :)

Friday will be my brewday....seems like forever!

So what di you decide for the hops in that wheat? What yeast ya' usin'?

I got some full-mooners for ya. I helped a friend with a partial-mash stout after bottling a bitter, a marzen(Finally)and a draught. Then after his partial mash was done, we did another partial mash rauchbier which I have been dying to try and put it onto my maibock, wyeast 2124 yeast cake after racking. The rauchbier wort tasted so good, I'm beside myself.

Dude said:
So what di you decide for the hops in that wheat? What yeast ya' usin'?
1/4 oz cascade at 15 min (which ended up closer to 30), and 1/4 oz cascade + 1/4 oz EKG at flameout. I'm using WLP320 American Hefe Yeast. Pitched the yeast right at midnight and let out a good howl...we'll see how it turns out. :D

El Pistolero said:
1/4 oz cascade at 15 min (which ended up closer to 30), and 1/4 oz cascade + 1/4 oz EKG at flameout. I'm using WLP320 American Hefe Yeast. Pitched the yeast right at midnight and let out a good howl...we'll see how it turns out. :D

We are going to have very similar wheat recipes done right around the same time....maybe a swap is in order....I'm using wlp320 as well.....

Did you do a 10-15 minute protein rest @ 122° by chance?

Back