Ssbrewtech chronical pressurized transfer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerpike1748

Reaction score
Not new I'm sure, but I had fun making it. It's a half inch tee with a pressure gauge on one side, a 1.5 inch tri clamp on the other, and a 1/4 flare fitting on the third side.

I needed two 1/4 inch stainless npt adapters to fit the flare fitting and pressure gauge. Should be moving 15 gallons into a keg next weekend. I'll post updates.

My plan is to attach this contraption where the blowoff tube is connected when it's time to move the beer.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1427490330.360685.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1427490301.614261.jpg

Be prepared to bend the latches. Both of mine leaked a lot on pressure transfers, yes I had the pressure low enough

Why not just push a CO2 hose onto your blowoff/airlock port on the lid and set your reg to a couple PSI? I dont really understand what the point of this is?

Why not just push a CO2 hose onto your blowoff/airlock port on the lid and set your reg to a couple PSI? I dont really understand what the point of this is?

I would not do it like the OP plans in doing, either. The gauge on the regulator should be good enough. There's no need for one on the fermenter. I would not want gizmos that are really hard to sanitize hovering above my beer.

Be prepared to bend the latches. Both of mine leaked a lot on pressure transfers, yes I had the pressure low enough

I actually emailed SS brewtech about that. They said it's won't hold much pressure by design for liability reasons.

Back