Front tap on Sanyo 4912?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wables

Reaction score
I am thinking about taking the plunge into kegging. I am sick of filling those little bottles! Anyway, I am thinking about buying a Sanyo 4912, but where I want to put it does not have the head room for a tower. Is there enough room for either 1 or 2 taps out the door on the Sanyo?

BTW, I need a complete setup. Where is the best deal on a quality rig? I haven't decided if I want a single or dual setup, but I need the whole kegging shabang. Also, what is the difference between ball taps and Sansky taps on Corny kegs? (Newby with no mentor here.)

Thanks!

Here are a couple of places to start for a complete set-up:

http://stores.ebay.com/Tom-Hargrave-Sales

http://stores.ebay.com/BeverageFactory-Dot-Com

Corny kegs either take ball lock or pin lock fittings (more commonly ball lock). I assume you mean Sankey- this is the common fitting for commercial draft beer and does not work with Corny kegs. I have seen pictures of the 4912 with two front taps- you might try a google search and see what you come up with. The first ebay site has links to converting a fridge to a kegerator.

A Jones

One small warning:

Hargraves is far behind on refurbished kegs. I ordered a 2 keg setup and had to have some heated conversations with him to get my order shipped. I will say he went above and beyond to make things right with me. If you have the time to wait for the setups then I would recommend you buy from him, as his product is very good.

OK, I understand the Sanky vs. Ball Lock answer. I was confused by all of the Sanky tap systems, and assumed that you could get Corny kegs with Sanky tops.

I am going to have to look at the Kenmore model #95499 to see if 2 Kegs will fit. The nearest Sanyo dealer is 2 hours away, and I don't want to pay shipping. Price is the same.

Still considering the 1 vs. 2 tap question. I am assuming that I can carbonate the kegs without having them hooked up 24/7 to the CO2, but I would hate to locate my single tap dead center in the door, then want to add a second tap later.

What a great world we live in. The biggest questions of the day are 1 tap vs. 2, Kenmore vs. Sanyo, and Rock River vs. Bushmaster, and not rent vs. food.

Thanks for all of the help!

Wables said:
What a great world we live in. The biggest questions of the day are 1 tap vs. 2, Kenmore vs. Sanyo, and Rock River vs. Bushmaster, and not rent vs. food.

You said it, bud.

Back