Big red button falls apart?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sablesurfer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered one of those emergency stop buttons as part of my build. Though out my testing I have used it in the testing. Over the last two days of testing it started to just pop apart into two pieces...on a regular basis.

I can see how it is supposed to fit together, and twist to lock down, but the button itself also twists to reset. So now the whole thing just comes apart in two pieces. It's as if the part the button is supposed to lock into has become loose?

Anyone else come across this? Is this common if you use that button too often? (If it is then I need to use a power switch to my board and not the emergency button as my on/off for board.)

No set screws. It just has little grooves in the housing, and notches on the button. Those twist to hold, but they are super loose now.

Also, I have found that the button no longer switches. Meaning I can hit it and it just pops back up. It never locks down in the off position. Seems you can break one of these?

Need to get another, ordered this with everything from Auberins. Seems no one else has had this issue?

Back