Colorado Springs brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcwilcr

Reaction score
I know a couple of you but who all is active on HBT from the Colorado Springs area?

any BBoPP members here that can tell me a little bit about the club?

Hey Punk!

Well, I guess there's not many of us in here, or atleast not checking out the state forums yet.

Nothing crazy, just a smple red and a botched batch of graff I'm still holding out some hope for. You?

Just working on some house brews. I've got an APA in secondary. So you thinkin about joining bbopp? I was thinking about it but know if i would be that into it.

passedpawn said:
Nice town you guys have. Been there several times (Broadmoor). Ran around Garden of the Gods a bit, had a lot of fun.

Cheers.

Very true. I have a great view of pikes peak and the top of garden of the gods from my office window every day.

hxcpunk71 said:
Just working on some house brews. I've got an APA in secondary. So you thinkin about joining bbopp? I was thinking about it but know if i would be that into it.

I'm more curious about it than I am interested in joining. I don't know if it is truely a colorado springs club or if jt is something that ft. Carson guys have kept close to the vest.

I wish I could say I was from your area :(

I was stationed at Carson from 98-01, came home to start my career, and just hit the half-way mark to retirement. I can't wait to get back there! You guys have any events planned for the summer of 2022? ;)

Airborneguy said:
I wish I could say I was from your area :(

I was stationed at Carson from 98-01, came home to start my career, and just hit the half-way mark to retirement. I can't wait to get back there! You guys have any events planned for the summer of 2022? ;)
Congrats on making it to the half way mark! Unfortunately we believe the Mayans, the jahova witnesses or some other doomsday prediction will occur by the year 2021 so future event planning stops just shy of your return.

Crap, I guess I'm going to have to plan a few visits at least then. Isn't Manitou Springs one of the gates to hell or something? You guys might end up being the first to go!

Crap, I guess I'm going to have to plan a few visits at least then. Isn't Manitou Springs one of the gates to hell or something? You guys might end up being the first to go!

I took a bunch of crazy mineral content spring water from manitou to make mead, but never got around to it. :eek:

Guess I need to go back!

What's up!?
I'm new to HBT, but I'm in the 719 and wanted to see what you guys knew about the Colo home-brew scene and the best places to get grains/equipment in the area. I've been to Rocky Mtn Home Brew, Fermentation's, Old West Supply, and High Country Home and Garden. Am I missing any places worth while? Let me know what is brewing the the 719!

Prost!
:mug:

EarthBound said:
Wassup Chris!
We definitely need to brew soon.

Hey Travis, I'm game. Let me know.

ColoBrewer420 said:
What's up!?
I'm new to HBT, but I'm in the 719 and wanted to see what you guys knew about the Colo home-brew scene and the best places to get grains/equipment in the area. I've been to Rocky Mtn Home Brew, Fermentation's, Old West Supply, and High Country Home and Garden. Am I missing any places worth while? Let me know what is brewing the the 719!

Prost!
:mug:

Looks like you've hit everywhere I knew about. I get most of my stuff from rocky mtn or online.

Hello Colorado Springs,

I was wondering if any one out there has done any work with yeast slants? I just started a few months back and I currently have the following strains available on slants 1028, 1056, 1098, and 3787. I also have a smack pack with 1214 which I will plate and make slants once I brew a batch with this strain.

Any one interested in exchanging slants or discussing this aspect of the hobby?

Let me know...

Bob

Hello Colorado Springs,

I was wondering if any one out there has done any work with yeast slants? I just started a few months back and I currently have the following strains available on slants 1028, 1056, 1098, and 3787. I also have a smack pack with 1214 which I will plate and make slants once I brew a batch with this strain.

Any one interested in exchanging slants or discussing this aspect of the hobby?

Let me know...

Bob

I would certainly be interested in discussion and or trade but I have never slanted before. After reading, I decided that I wanted to instead start a frozen yeast bank which I just started doing last month. Right now all I have is some S-04 that I did mainly just to develop/refine my process. I do however have a yeast cake with some 1581-PC Belgian stout yeast that I will be washing probably tonight and mixing up some vials for the freezer. PM me if you want to arrange something.

Hello,

I am currently growing 3787 (Trappist High Gravity) for a batch that I will brew on Wednesday or Thursday. If any one is interested in stopping by for a culture of this yeast let me know... I'll plate it out for you and you can grow it as you see fit.

Bob

Just an FYI, there's a Denver CMC group buy going on over HERE that Musketear is running right now if anyone is in need of some grain. The more grain people buy the cheaper shipping is for everyone.

I don't brew a whole lot (nor do I get on Homebrewtalk that often) but the couple of folks I know from BBoPP are great guys. They also recently did a group buy and I think is something they do somewhat regularly. I would suggest checking out their recently updated website (http://brewbrosco.com/wordpress/) and they also have a pretty active facebook page, which you have to ask to be invited to but they let me in even though I have never been to a meeting or paid any dues.

Hello,

New to brewing, only 1 batch currently going with one in the works.
Currently I am making a cycer, and have a currant mead in prep phase.

Had a question on racking.
My current cycer has been brewing for 3 weeks and I am ready to rack to a secondary.
Right now the Waldo Canyon fire is going pretty hot and the area around my house is filled with fire smoke.
I'm wondering if I should wait for the air quality to improve before I rack.
Second question is about head space on my secondary.
I used bread yeast on my cycer so I have about 2 inches of lee on the bottom of the carboy.
So when I rack over I'm going to have a bunch of head space in the secondary.
Will this be an issue as it ages, or is this normal.
Since it is no longer fermenting I would assume that the oxygen in the head space could foul the brew.
Am I being overly concerned?

Thank you,

Thaumatourge

I am also interested in the BBoPP I live in the springs and have been brewing going on 2 years now but still feel pretty new. I am going crazy though and want some people to talk beer with! I have been listening to about 5 hours of craft brew podcasts each day for about the last week haha. I also just spent alot more than i should of so i could upgrade to a 3 keg kegerator and all grain. I plan on brewing my first all grain here in the next couple weeks. I dont know what to brew yet though, thinking maybe the haus pale.

Right now I have an old west American ale kit (just something fast and easy) on tap and will be kegging another old west kit red ale. I have never had much luck yet with kits but sometimes i want the cheap easy way especially when i need to fill the 3 kegs i just got. And i have an Imperial stout to put on tap soon and it tastes amazing so far! Huge beer at 1.092 but I didnt know much about pitching rate at the time so i only used 1/3 the yeast i was supposed to. Oh well it is tasting amazing anyway

I am moving to Colorado Springs in a few months. I am still a newb with only 2 beers under my belt and 1 wine but with the fact that I will be in one of the homebrewing capitols of the US coupled with the availability of an actual basement, I hope to be brewing much more.

Hi guys, also new to brewing but I think I have the major kinks worked out. :) I have a kit octoberfest already bottled which is ok but I think I messed up a few things along the way. (The instructions were vague in a few areas) Also have a chocolate stout in the fermenter about to bottle in the next few days.

Hey everyone in the springs. I just bottled an American light (from a kit) for a buddy and my wife. Probably Tuesday transferring from primary to secondary my chocolate raspberry stout. It was my first try at allgrain. It tasted awesome going in so we will see.
Been on here a while but haven't posted in forever. Hopefully looking for info on a local club or meeting other locals in town.

Hey everyone! Springs shout out What what!?

So I'm all for the beer brewing that's going on here and hopefully can attend some events, but all I brew is Hard Cider. Don't knock it till you try it =P
But ya just starting off but hoping to get some good high quality juice here from Denver/Pueblo once apple season comes around.

Hey all!

Ive been using HBT for a while now but never got around to posting. I mainly brew beer but just got into making cider.

Lived off south carefree for 2 years. Would move back tomorrow if I could :jealous:

Hey all!

Ive been using HBT for a while now but never got around to posting. I mainly brew beer but just got into making cider.

HBT is an amazing resource! you do all grain? I also make the occasional cider. if you have never tried anything like Brandon O's Graff, I highly recommend doing something like that. I usually don't use any hops like he does but a good malty cider is always a big hit.

HBT is an amazing resource! you do all grain? I also make the occasional cider. if you have never tried anything like Brandon O's Graff, I highly recommend doing something like that. I usually don't use any hops like he does but a good malty cider is always a big hit.

Nah I only do extract right now. I was going to get the equipment for it a couple weeks ago but ended up getting some extra kegs and crud.

Hey everyone!

So just moved to the springs, fairly new to homebrewing but have bout 5 or 6 batches under my belt while I was in Germany (army), but looking for some good folks around here to start networking with! Love homebrewing, started AG Brewing about 2 batches in.
Won't be able to start HB'ing till mid month cause have my equipment till then as just came from Germany. Also may have a sold hook up on the Brutus stand as well, hopefly mine will be sent soonish.

So other then the the LHBS here in the springs what does everyone do for get togethers?

TheLostBeer said:
Hey everyone!

So just moved to the springs, fairly new to homebrewing but have bout 5 or 6 batches under my belt while I was in Germany (army), but looking for some good folks around here to start networking with! Love homebrewing, started AG Brewing about 2 batches in.
Won't be able to start HB'ing till mid month cause have my equipment till then as just came from Germany. Also may have a sold hook up on the Brutus stand as well, hopefly mine will be sent soonish.

So other then the the LHBS here in the springs what does everyone do for get togethers?

Hey, welcome home!

Personally I don't do to much of the meet-up type stuff but there is a great group in town called Brew Brothers of Pikes Peak that had a lot of members and meets up on a fairly regular basis. Tabb on here joined them I believe a while ago so he could probably give you some good info. Good luck or sourcing that Brutus stand, those setup a canbe pretty nice.

Yea, luckily my father-in-law is a engineer, and has the access to the metal so is helping me out on it! So should see how it turns out soon ish, and can't wait to brew on it!!! Def goin to look at some meet ups and stuff, only way I know to expand the knowledge.

Back