will this GFCI panel work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoCornOrRice

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So being in Canada, many things are waaaaay more expensive than down south. This is by far the cheapest spa disconnect I can find at a respected retailer, and I'd rather not buy from some fly-by-night place:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/50-amp-stab-lok-hot-tub-pool-spa-buddy/901378

it's about $200 with tax

will it work placed between my control panel and the 4-wire dryer outlet?

Any fellow Canucks got a better deal? Those $77 copier cords are no longer available.

I have 50' of 10/4 SOOW

I was at HD lastnight looking for one of these. Epic fail, none in stock. Still kinda miffed by the code/price. The difference between these and the $50 items that HD.com sells is these are 120 and 240, whereas the HD.com ones are 240V only...

I wish I could save the $150 and just run the $50 spa panel.

I'm not sure if there is any better option for us canuckians?

thanks,

I was looking at those, but I am leery of buying crucial safety equipment from somewhere that doesn't either have a storefront or is online but specialized in that type of stuff. EDIT: my bad, the link you posted has an online store describing itself as "a full service spa dealer and we service & supply accessories for residential & commercial swimming pools" good find!!

These guys ship from the Greater Toronto Area they are (edit: were) the current plan:

GFCI for spas, hot tubs Canada - The Hot Tub Super Store

If its a new Siemens panel like it says it is, I don't think you have anything to worry about. This is why GFCI's have a test button, no?

Back