What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again TheMan

image-1309885779.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
That sucks. I enjoyed it.
I didn't necessarily say that was a bad thing. It's not terrible. Definitely not as bad as the Triple Bock I traded for it. LOL!
It has a nice wood like character. Its a nice change from the original
I would've like to try the white oak version of 1836. The maple aged version was pretty good.

I didn't necessarily say that was a bad thing. It's not terrible. Definitely not as bad as the Triple Bock I traded for it. LOL!

I wondered if that's what you were talking about. Haven't done the 'vertical' yet, can't say I'm in a hurry.

Founders centennial ipa while at work I rather not be hear tonight just want to get drunk :(

That sucks. You were stoked when you started.

This would be The Salt Lick although there must have been some legal issue with using that name this time around.

image-2549337157.jpg

Thoughts: GOOD GOD that is a potent aroma. It smells like barbecued sour beer (it kinda is). The taste is great but the aroma is a little too close to meat for a beer. Medium mouthfeel, super dry, super tart. It has a nice sour zing to it. I probably should have saved this for my memorial day BBQ...

DisturbdChemist said:
hey im happy to say ive tried it. A soy sauce beer.

I think people hate the 120 because they're expecting a hop bomb not a malty syrup lol.

That's what I'm thinking too. I went in to this 120 knowing what to expect, so I wasn't disappointed. But I can't blame anyone for expecting something way different from a beer that's labeled as "The Imperial India Pale Ale" as if its the definitive example of the style.
If I labeled a box as "The cream filled donut" but when you opened the box and took a bite, it was a biscuit filled with liver pâté, it wouldn't necessarily be bad ( well yes it would ;) ) but it wouldn't be what's expected by the label and description.

Yup it's fun but I got a fulltime job also. Being a dj is my side job so it feels like I'm always working never get weekends off but the money is nice especially weddings. But fook it wife just said she will drive time to drunk :p

ForumRunner_20130524_214645.png

This would be The Salt Lick although there must have been some legal issue with using that name this time around.

Thoughts: GOOD GOD that is a potent aroma. It smells like barbecued sour beer (it kinda is). The taste is great but the aroma is a little too close to meat for a beer. Medium mouthfeel, super dry, super tart. It has a nice sour zing to it. I probably should have saved this for my memorial day BBQ...

Need me to pick up some

JesperX said:

Ahhh, yes. Good ole' Texas beer labeling laws for ya! Can't live with them, can't get the idiots in Austin to enter the 21st Century and lighten up on some things.

Swarley88 said:
About 5 more torpedos since last check in. Nice and buzzed. TGIF

Yep, that's what Fridays are for.
Except when I have to work the next morning.
Sucks!

xMalachi said:
I'm digging Terrapin's offerings so far. Wish I would have found one of their oatmeal stouts. :(

Hopzilla is awesome! I happen to have some Wake-N-Bake that I set aside for next winter (wink, wink).

image-1587790479.jpg

Sorry for the crappy lighting, that's my Florida basement (closet).

Trying the Breckinridge verity pack. Still not a fan if iPa's however the vanilla porter is good

Damn it. Maybe it's that I'm near the end of the bottle and I had a union jack earlier, but the meaty aroma of Salt Lick is growing on me.

Raspberry mead. I found some natural raspberry syrup to sweeten it up with. A tiny bit is all it takes and OMG this stuff will get you in trouble quick. :drunk:

Back