Show me your T*%. .....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin_J

Reaction score
...Tap handles, of course.

I'm thinking of things I can do while I'm waiting for all of my kegging and fridge conversion equipment to arrive, and I realized I can probably whip up some tap handles. I've seen some of the table leg ones around here which is probably what I'll go with unless I'm inspired by something else.

Does anyone have any pictures of nice, cool, funny...tap handles that they'd like to show off?

If you want to see a wide variety, check out "The Tap Handle Guy" on Ebay. He has a very wide assortment; although, they can be pricey. You should at least be able to get some ideas.

Mine aren't funny anymore because I don't have the time to be creative, I used to do custom lables for every beer. These are very simple to make and are very functional. They have a big 3" X 4" face for sticking the lable and they are short enough that they don't get in the way.

Oh, and they are very cheap to make....
Collartaps94.jpg

Any finished pictures? They look like they are going to be really nice. As a matter of fact, they would look really great on my new draft box...

CIMG10052.jpg

There are definately some interesting things here. Brewpastor...Wow, that's all I can say.

While combing through the internet, I found that a lot of car shifter knobs also have 3/8" 16 threads, which should allow them to screw right on as tap handles. I'm thinking an 8-ball on one and a Hurst shifter knob on the other perhaps, but we'll just have to see. I do like the nostalgic feeling of the wood taps too...hmm decisions.

Dustin_J said:
Damn, those look great. I think that the otter pop fermentation cooler probably upshadowed them a bit, though;)
That there is on the spot, red-neck ingenuity. I was in Arizona at the time over Labor Day and the tap water for the chiller would only get it down to about 90. :D

I recall seeing a guy who made his out of rocks. haha.

Dustin_J said:
While combing through the internet, I found that a lot of car shifter knobs also have 3/8" 16 threads, which should allow them to screw right on as tap handles. I'm thinking an 8-ball on one and a Hurst shifter knob on the other perhaps,

I have a Hurst shifter for my portable keg. I might take a picture tonight...

-S

lustreking said:
I have a Hurst shifter for my portable keg. I might take a picture tonight...

-S

Nice :rockin: , I think my old man has one in the mail for me, along with a 30 year old grain belt tap handle he converted to a shifter (which I'll probably have to convert back).

OK, my new tap handles arrived and SWMBO installed them and sent me a pic from her phone. Hand made from mesquite.

4569-TapHandles-new.jpg

Back