Finally Finished!! Now What to Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Should I brew for New Years on my new rig?

• Sweet Stout

• IPA

• Pale Ale

• Brown Ale

• APA

• Belgian Wit

• Java Porter

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
M21.jpg

After about 2 years of scraping cash to buy pieces for this thing I have finally FINISHED my brutus clone.

Well.. at least for now (till i want to add a float switch and thermometers). Its finally to the point where I should be able to make some beer off of it.. and I want to run a couple water tests before.

Now Im scheduled to brew on it on New Years Eve but I have a kind of delima.. what should I brew for my first batch thats not in a cooler?

Personally, I'd start with something simple like a pale ale, til you dial in your new system.
Thats a nice looking rig. Good luck with it.

wow that pic turned out darker than i thought.. its a crappy cell phone image i so I guess i cant expect much. I was thinking maybe a stout but im not sure. Its simple enough and it would be able to cover up more of the off flavors from my water. I just called the city water people and got my mineral count. (The water here tastes like PVC pipe). I built a 0.5m carbon filter a year ago for my water but my last couple batches are starting to get some off flavors. I probably need to go get another filter and replace it.

All kinds of simple brews to make on it. Just make whatever you will want to drink! Stout, Porter, Pale, IPA. It's all good!

My basic set up is not complete yet, and now I'm starting to think about building a RIMs system...

Latest posts

Back