How good was the movie Aliens!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the Farm. Every meal's a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade. I love the corps!

Aliens with Sigourney Weaver?

I always thought of the movie to be more like a good action plot than anything actually frightening really, Aliens never scared me at all for some reasons. (maybe i am one)

I liked it but i say it's somewhat forgettable.

Alien VS Predator gave me good chuckles too back in the days.

Aliens with Sigourney Weaver?

I always thought of the movie to be more like a good action plot than anything actually frightening really, Aliens never scared me at all for some reasons. (maybe i am one)

I liked it but i say it's somewhat forgettable.

Alien VS Predator gave me good chuckles too back in the days.

Moderators please deleate this post due to obvious drunken ramblings.

The original "Alien" was a bit better. Truly well done mental scare. I saw it in the theatre when it was first released, and it was amazing.

"Aliens", while a good flick, added humour and it took away some of the mental scare.

Moderators please deleate this post due to obvious drunken ramblings.

Im not saying it wasnt any good, i enjoyed those Alien movies myself, but scary?
I think Exorcist or Amityville were scary movies cause spirits and demons i cannot see scare the living daylights out of me and yes they do exist.

But aliens? just grab the right gun and youre all set to have fun, nothing scary about those. :)

I recently exposed my 14 yo daughter to this line of classic films. I agree that the first one was more scary and mental, and the second one was more action, but I loved both. I loved the sci-fi stuff in both.

You can see how Ripley evolves from science officer to bad-ass superwoman over the course of the films.

We watched them all, then the Predator films, then the AVP films. Not all were good...

Last night was Terminator 3, in preparation for the next movie.

You trying to turn your 14 yr old daughter into a head case, or what?

She's a very good kid. She understands right from wrong and fact from fiction. We have a good time bonding while watching these movies. Sometimes we crack little jokes to keep it light. There is a bit of language, but not more than I heard every single day in high school, and I doubt things have gotten much better since then.

At least I'm not letting her watch some of the perverted high school sexcapade movies that are out there, like Porkies, American Pie, etc. Got to leave something for her to watch while at the friends house, breaking the rules!

I was just bustin' your chops. I don't think there's anything wrong with those movies for a (mature) teenager. My kids are able to handle stuff like that w/out problems, too.

words about exposing daughter to horror

aliens-ripleyinsuit.jpg

Get away from her you *****!!!

When i was a kid my dad would let me watch violent movies but no movies with sex. Subsequently i have not killed anyone but i'm having a kid in may so i guess i figgured out how it works even without Hollywood help.

Maybe it's all those violent movies as a kid that inspired Zombie Brewing Co as an adult.

Oddly enough, Aliens is my fav in the series. Being a sequel, I originally thought it would suck, as most sequels do, but I was plesantly surprised & it has stayed on the top of the sequel heap (IMHO) ever since. And let's face it: Sigourney Weaver plays a hot, tough, smart, bold, yet caring character; she can crawl into my cryo-pod anytime. ;)

My kid is embarassed by the sex stuff. But I don't make her squirm. The violence to her is pretty funny and gross at the same time. Maybe because she is so used to me making jokes about it. The movies I try to avoid are the psychological thrillers. That sht will fck you up!

ALIENS = Possibly the best action movie EVER.

Young people may be excused because it might look a little dated by now. Other than that, it RULES.

Back