DogFish Head 90 min IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I freakin LOVE it! :mug:

I was hoping the store would have the 120 min, but they say they have been trying to get it for a while.

I also picked up their Raison D'Etre

JJ, 90 min. IPA is at the Bevmo in SF on Bayshore!! Remember gambling is Illegal at Bushwood, and I never slice!! Okay you can owe me!!

They also had the DFH Palo Santo Merron!! Great barrel ages brown ale!

Eastside

The DFH 90 min IPA is awesome :rockin:. The 120 min IPA is an incredible experience. I would recommend sharing it with someone since 12 oz of 120 IPA is = to 12 oz of 40 proof liquor, or have a capper ready.

Another one to try is Weyerbacher simcoe double IPA it's similar to the 90 min.

The DFH 90 min IPA is awesome :rockin:. The 120 min IPA is an incredible experience. I would recommend sharing it with someone since 12 oz of 120 IPA is = to 12 oz of 40 proof liquor, or have a capper ready.

Another one to try is Weyerbacher simcoe double IPA it's similar to the 90 min.

A bottle of 120-minute IPA certainly gets me about as drunk as I am comfortable with. Any more, and I get into nausea and hangover country. It definitely is an incredible drink that everyone should taste at least once in their lives as craft beer enthusiasts.
Most Dogfish Head beers are pretty good (though I don't care for the Raison D'Etre, and the ApriHop wasn't fantastic, either), I just think they are quite pricey. Their products will probably always be "every once in a while" beers for me.

My local has had 120 on the shelf for a while, $8 a bottle...if you're desperate, hit me up. Course I'll say up front, I think it's more worth the novelty value than actual tasty beer value.

the lovely swmbo brought me home a 4 pack of 90min IPA last night. i gotta say, that is one of the best beers i've ever had. the hop aroma was right on time. the beer had a "thicker" texture/mouthfeel than i expected. delicious. can't wait for another one. although the 9%, along with a couple other beers i had last night, kinda knocked me on my ass! :drunk:

After trying the 60-90-120 IPA from DFH, I'm pretty sure I like the 90 the best. The 120 is more of a "yeah I tried it, I love it, but I wouldn't drink it but on special occasions" and the 60 is that "go to the microbrew pub up the street and drink IPA all night style beer" while the 90 has the balance between the two that makes it perfect for the style of drinking that I normally do, a few beers after work, a decent buzz but nothing too ridiculous.

While we're on the DFH note, has anyone tried their limited release beers such as Fort,Pangaea,Red&White,Black&Blue,etc? I was at the bar for a DFH release party for Red and White and then they had one a few months later for Black and Blue, and both of those beers are phenominal. I can't wait for theobroma to be released, it should be awesome.

The DFH 90 min is my favorite Imperial/Double IPA.

You also must try the Burton Baton by DFH. It is a blend of 50% 90 min IPA and 50% oak aged 11% abv IPA bringing the drink in at 10% abv. Totally awesome beer.

DFH never goes wrong. The Raison De etre is awesome, the Indian Brown Ale is awesome, Immort ale, 120, midas touch, etc...

OK I can vouch that I didn't like their Aprihop beer too much and I could barely drink their World Wide Stout (more like forced myself to drink it). Its just incredibly tough to drink.

But do try the Burton Baton if you see it, you won't regret it. :mug:

Got a DFH 6 pk last night.

1- 60
1- 90
1- Palo Santo Marron
1- Indian Brown Ale
1- Raison D'Etre
1- Festina Peche

I had never had the Palo Santo or the Peche before.

The Palo Santo was good, but I suspect the 6pk shop had it for a while and didn't store it upright, as the first sip tasted like the cap, but it was still very good after that.

I have never had a berliner style weisse or really any beer like the festina thats been sour mashed like that, but it was delicious, the sourness blended real well with the tart peaches, its a little light on the alcohol, but I don't mind, thats kind of an oddity for DFH.

Had the 90 min today for the first time....HOLY CRAP! That was the greatest single beer I have ever had. That tasted like i had a hop jungle go through my mouth. Words can not express the taste.....I hope my woody goes away soon.

90 minute IPA rocks. I didn't care for the Burton Baton IPA, it was nowhere near as hoppy as it should have been.

Latest posts

Back