Salvaged Wires and Plugs - Good Score?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendiy

Reaction score
I found these wires and plugs at a salvage yard today. Got all of it for $15. Was it worth it?

I figure I can use the big outlet to run a line from my laundry room to the garage right next to it. The cables should be good for at least one end of a heating element line. Plugs are rated 2 x 230V 30A, 2 x 120V 30A and 1 x 120V 20A.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

electrical-cords.jpg

electrical-outlet.jpg

electrical-plugs.jpg

electrical-wires.jpg

I think I'd feel pretty good about that find...way less money than the wire alone would have cost you. Not sure that 3 prong is what you want in the garage though, but you did just fine on the deal anyway.

Can you use these female plugs to plug into the heating element at the kettle? Have you seen any setups like that where you can disconnect at the kettle instead of the control box/panel?

When working with electricity, it is always best to have the hot end of a cord be a female plug so there are no live prongs sticking out. I'm thinking these cords could be hard wired into the control box/panel and then connect to the kettle with a receptacle like this.

416Vst6qZAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AUPS4U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back