Brew On Premises - NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottD13

Reaction score
Anyone know of a brew on premises homebrew shop in NY?

Does a homebrew shop need a license to brew on premises?

I'm suprised I don't see more BOP locations. I'm looking to brew a large 20-40 gallon batch to bottle and keep for my daughter's wedding, 20 years from now so I better get the ball rolling.....but the cost to buy a brewmagic or a brewsculputre is way too much so I'm looking to bop.

Thanks!

I don't know of any in NY, but where in Jersey are you? There's one in Freehold; the Brewers Apprentice. I stopped by there the other day as I was in the area, but I was too early as they don't open til 1 most days. Check out their website: http://www.brewapp.com/

Wow, that's gonna be a costly brew. You're going to want to do something imperial at least though. The problem is, the types of brews that age well don't exactly go over well at a wedding. I think maybe a mead would be the ticket. What kind of brew did you have in mind? I'd be willing to help you out.

I assume by 'NY' you mean 'NYC,' right? BuffaloSabresBrewer, while it won't be a business, per se, there are plans to open one in Buffalo.

I've had the idea of a 20 year brew before... brew a day or two before my (unconceived and entirely theoretical) child's first birthday, let it age for two decades, and then crack two open on his/her 21st birthday :)

Long Island, NYC, Westchester areas.....

I assume by 'NY' you mean 'NYC,' right? BuffaloSabresBrewer, while it won't be a business, per se, there are plans to open one in Buffalo.

I've had the idea of a 20 year brew before... brew a day or two before my (unconceived and entirely theoretical) child's first birthday, let it age for two decades, and then crack two open on his/her 21st birthday :)

So, I'll be the one who asks: How do you know your daughter is getting married in 20yrs? I have two daughters. One is 19 and a sophomore in college. The other is 15 and still in high school. I can't predict next week. I just went back and re-read the original post. It was from 2008, so you only have 17yrs left!

Well, we can do up to 25 gallons at a time at Bitter and Esters and you can ferment in in our ale room for up to 3 weeks. Then you bottle it and take it home. You have to find somewhere to store it for 20 years.

Back