Check out these new fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makokiller

Reaction score
I got these old milk receiver jars out of an old barn, turned them into really cool fermenters.:mug:

2013-09-29 09.00.31.jpg

2013-09-29 09.00.51.jpg

2013-09-29 17.54.03.jpg

Pretty cool! How do you get the beer out?

You could turn this into an instruction guide for other people that may consider doing this.

Pretty cool! How do you get the beer out?

You could turn this into an instruction guide for other people that may consider doing this.

There is a valve at the bottom, I put some tape on the spout, just in case of leakage. They where in a old milking parlor that my friend owed, and he was selling the farm so I grabbed 3 of these.

Very cool vessels.

They are glass, right? How thick is it? Are they 5 gallons?
That little spout or nipple on the top looks so fragile. Surprised they survived the years.

Those look awesome. You'll have to report back about the progress of the beer. I assume they're air tight, right?

Awesome! Those might be the coolest fermenters ever. What size are they?

They will hold about 8 gallons, as far as temp control, my basement stays around 70 all the time so it works out great. Cleaning should be easy as the big valve comes off on the bottom, and I will be able to get a brush up in there.

Back