Beer Belly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low carb is the way to go.

Ya, I drink ALOT of high calorie beer and whiskey and I keep under about 12% body fat by this. I only eat lean meat and vegetables Sunday through Friday lunch time. I do a HIIT weight lifting workout for about 90 min 3 times per week. With the diet and exercise, I can drink as much as I want all week and eat whatever I want Friday night and all day Saturday and still stay fit. If I start gaining weight at any point, I cut out the 36hrs of diet cheating till I'm back to my ideal weight, then start cheating again.

I bike a mile to work every day year round as well and in the summer I ride about 90+ miles a week. Last year I dropped 55lbs over the summer doing this with no significant change in diet:D

I too have a dangerous sweet tooth:eek:

Biking to work is pretty great. Coldest it gets in the winter here is about 10-15 in the morning, but its been more like mid-20s on average in the AM; so pretty tolerable. I've lost about 20lbs in recent months (though that was after I gained about 18lbs with my wife's first pregnancy). Goal for this year is to hit 1000 commuter miles.

Biking to work is pretty great. Coldest it gets in the winter here is about 10-15 in the morning, but its been more like mid-20s on average in the AM; so pretty tolerable. I've lost about 20lbs in recent months (though that was after I gained about 18lbs with my wife's first pregnancy). Goal for this year is to hit 1000 commuter miles.

If you have a smartphone DL Endomondo, it is a great motivator and you can also join challenges with it, track rides, average miles and a lot more. I use it mostly in the summer and my winter miles are mostly short commute miles or store runs so I skip winter logging with it.

Back