Polar Ware Brew Pot dip tube help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 10.5 gallon Polarware brew pot. The lower port for the ball valve sits pretty low, but I wanted to add a small elbow for a dip tube.

So, the advertised size for the port and the ball valve is 1/2". So, I head to the hardware store and pick up a 1/2" elbow to thread into the inside of the lower port (it is threaded on the inside, which is nice). But, it turns out that the 1/2" is too small. So, I go back and find a 5/8" brass elbow that looks like it will work great.

Then, I read about the concerns about brass in the brew kettle and start looking for 90 degree elbows with a 5/8" thread size in stainless steel. No luck. Anybody have any good sources for something like this? I can find all kinds of stuff for 1/2", but nothing for 5/8".

Thanks in advance.

I never seem to find much luck locally for stainless fittings. You might check a plumbing supply store. I get my stuff from McMaster-Carr. They have anything you would ever need and ship pretty quickly.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Back