Any Sightings of Bigfoot 2012 yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never not seen it on tap at the Mucky Duck in Monterey CA.

My guys got some false info, so much for my reliable source.
It did not come in Tuesday GRRRRRRRRRR!

My son just took me to run a couple errands,& we found the SN bigfoot barleywine at Bundy's Beverage in the Drugmart plaza near the corner of Detroit & Abbe Rd here in Sheffield. He also found Mt. Carmel festive ale as well. I got a 6'r of Railhead ale,shock top,& yuengling lager to go with it. Not to mention the new cranberry smirfin' off. That lager is good after runnin around with a bad hip & L2 disc.

I saw it sitting out at Total Wine when I went to get a bunch of cheap whiskey this morning, and picked up a 6-pack. Sitting next to it was a big stack of Sculpin in 6-packs, so I got one of those, too.

I just got some for the regular SN price,it was new with no price tag and the cashiers didnt have a clue about anything because they were filling in for call offs or something, so im pretty shure this goes for more than 6.99.-score?!
Had one ,think i will stick them in my basement and try one after 6 months then next year.I almost dont see the reason to age it,it seemed that good.Ill probably end up having another in a few months.

I grabbed a sixer today. If it's made it to Duncan Oklahoma, it should be in every armpit, butthole, and crevice of the earth by now.

To many people here still drink that Piss water Budweiser and think it's the King of beers.

any in south florida yet?

It was mid march last year that I finally saw some, and I only had one bottle from my sixer last year so I am getting ready for a sweet vertical tasting, hopefully i'll get it going from this point on forever!!! in 6 years we will be rockin:rockin:

I saw some 6-packs of 2012 Bigfoot at the Piney Grove Rd. "Green's" in Columbia, SC the other day.

Plenty in Fresno, CA. But Chico is only a few hours away. Haven't had Bigfoot or Ruthless... any good? Not much of a SN drinker.

Bigfoot and Ruthless are both pretty good beers.

Bigfoot is pretty much the canonical example of American Barleywine, and Ruthless is somewhat akin to Hop Rod Rye if you've had that.

I'm told, by my beer store ( this has been BS in the past ) St louis gets it next week.
Don't bet the farm on it.

Picked up a 6 pack last night. Few for the fridge and a few for the cellar, right next to the 2011 and 2010.
-Jason

I am drinking my first Bigfoot Ale, 2012 brew. I don't know what I was expecting, but I am unimpressed. I find the beer VERY unbalanced on the hoppy side....(bitterness and flavor.) To me, this tastes like a souped up version of Celebration.

I'm guessing this beer is definitely not meant to be enjoyed on its year of release. I will be interested to see what it tastes like after a year once it has some time to settle down. This beer is not the best while fresh.

I understand this is not a beer review thread, but I did want to express my views on this famous beer. lol

When I think "American Barleywine," I think Stone, Avery, Great Divide, and my new favorite Lagunitas.

I like this Bigfoot fine, don't get me wrong, but I do wish I had not spent this weekend's drinking money on it...and I also wish I had not chilled two bottles, as I want to age the rest now.

Do you thing if I took my other chilled beer out of the fridge to let it get back to room temps it would mess with the flavor?

Got a six pack the other day. Rather pricey at 15 dollars, but this years is pretty damn good. Plenty of bitterness to balance the sweetness

Just found some tonight at Whole Foods in Portland, ME. $12.99/6pk, not too bad considering whole foods prices on other stuff.

Latest posts

Back