What are you making for the Super Bowl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregger

Reaction score
I'm going to a party at a friend's house, but I've committed to deep fried bacon wrapped chicken wings with whiskey & bacon bbq sauce. I'll also make boneless strips for those at the party who don't like to negotiate the bone.

Bacon BBQ Sauce (brainstormed just now, but would love help): Stubbs BBQ sauce, Ground up freshly cooked (non crispy) bacon & bacon fat, splash of Jameson Whiskey :rockin:, few tablespoons maple syrup. Mixed together in low heat. Tossed over finished wings.

Depends on if all the damn snow in my yard will be melted in time. I would like to make some pulled pork but it isn't worth dealing with the smoker if all that snow is still out there.

Homebrew
Homemade brats
burgs / dogs
and my world famous jalapeno poppers!

IMG_4018.JPG

Full recipe here.

^ try dorritos. A few days ago I made mozzarella cheesesticks but instead of flour/bread crumbs I used ranch style dorritos, delicious

Do you fry them? I've heard of corn flakes used in a breading many different times but would have never thought to do it on poppers.

Do you fry them? I've heard of corn flakes used in a breading many different times but would have never thought to do it on poppers.

There is a link to the recipe in his first post. ..but no they are baked.

What I want to know is... how do they taste???

Making a big pot of chili and some cornbread.

Going to grind my own beef so it's nice and course, and load it up with lots of chunky pieces as well.

Making a big pot of chili and some cornbread.

Going to grind my own beef so it's nice and course, and load it up with lots of chunky pieces as well.

LOVE homemade cornbread with random chunks of corn in it... TIP: sprinkle your cornbread over the chili!

First year hosting, Homemade Pizza (2) and Grilled wings (half hot, half bbq). Others are bringing Buffalo Chicken Dip and mini pigs in a blanket. Got some other random stuff too of course.

Wife requested Pickle Chicken, but I'm also making Jalepeno chicken. I'd like some chili maybe. We don't usually go out or have friends over for SB since it's on a friggin work night!

I'm going to enjoy this hot weather and float in the pool while smoking two chickens, a fatty (Jimmy Dean sausage stuffed with anaheim chiles and cheddar cheese) deep frying some cheese sticks and home made hush puppies. Weather is supposed to be near 80 and my pool is 72 right now (still ****ing cold to swim but not to float in). I will be enjoying a mix of margarittas, mojitos and Sam Adams mix pack (BL, White, Noble, Irish, Scottish and a new Rye ale) and I plan to be passed out well before half time.

Back