More of a dog person

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broadbeer

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning to see my first brew fermenting nicely. I was thinking how awesome, this thing I created. Then, to my horror I look up at my fermenting plug and see that the CO2 release is out of the plug and the plug had a tooth hole in it. The batch was exposed to air in the middle of fermenting and the cat put a tooth hole in the plug. Maybe it's gonna be ok? What should I be looking for good, or bad?
The fermentor is in a safer but slightly warmer place now.
Help:mad:

As long as it is actively fermenting, there will be pressure inside your vessel.

You should be fine, but I would clean and sanitize everything.

Also, keep your fermentor somewhere that your pets can't get to it.

Bull

Odds are it will be just fine. There is a lot of Co2 coming off of fermenting beer that should help to shield it from any thing bad. I bet the sound of the bubbles gurgling in the air lock was more than the kitty could take and just had to attack. Maybe you could call it attack cat ale or some thing like that. Good luck!

Thanks guys.
The kitty is in the dog house and away from the beer.
I like the name attack cat ale.
I did attack it.:D

My cats are fascinated with fermentation too. They haven't tried to eat the airlock yet. :)

Latest posts

Back