making beer at sea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, that's awesome. I will be sure to book mark that in case I am caught adrift. Although I live in Missouri so unless it floods I doubt it will happen.

There's actually a thread on this floating around from late last year, a bunch of people actually did it....I think they had a coffee pot HBT challenge.

It was a big thread for quite awhile.

Erikt does it with a coffee maker; the big ones with a sight gauge.

I always wondered how would Cousteau do it.

Ok...guys.....:)...that was really awesome!!!Are they really making that as they have told these...and i didn't make anything from the pic posted there!!!What was that made for???Is that a kind of factory sort of a thing!!!

Hey Y'all,

Yup, over the course of several different field seasons we developed our impromptu brew.

For the record, the pic at the beginning of the article is the Research Vessel Flip, a custom ship designed for benthic research. It sails to a site, floods the bow compartment, and rotates 90 degrees so that it becomes a stationary platform resting on the bottom. When it's ready to leave, they pump the water out of the bow, it floats to the surface, and sails off. All the compartments inside either rotate with the boat or are designed to be used in either orientation.

I've never been on it, but if I could think of any ship where you'd definitely need a beer or two, it'd be that one.

SFS, Ingenius. I have seen that vessel before, on the History channel I think. You are right about needing a beer on that one! Personally I prefer the one's that can submerge completely!
Cheers,
Brian

Back