Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red currant clover honey mead, day 29.

Red Star champagne yeast. Starting Grav 1.130

Red currants (dried) 3 orange slices 1 lemon slice, yeast nutrient.

Peach mead, a big one at 19% abv, about seven months old now. I think I might have posted this before, if so, sorry. I entered this in the Mazer cup, judging next weekend.

peach mead.jpg

Karaya said:
Wow, love those temperature labels!

Anyone know how/where to get some of those inside of Europe?

The small ones where bought in a pet store and the bigger in a portuguese brewshop.

You probably can find those on ebay or amazon

Agreed. Wish I had the patients to let my meads clarify like that.

During fermentation/carboy conditioning it was re-racked three times, after bottling there was still some sediment on the bottom so I carefully de-canted, drank the drudges, washed the bottles, and re-filled for the competition. It is a really beautiful mead. As you know, oxidation is not a factor in meads as it is with beer, so multiple transfers are great for clarity.

Just got this bottled today:

FDT1.jpg

FDT2.jpg

FDT3.jpg

FDT4.jpg

About 9 months since I pitched the yeast, it's been oaked and backsweetened. It's good stuff at right about 14% abv.

-Kingboomer

"Blackberry Mead"

Just brewed last night. Hopefully fermentation process will complete in two months. I want to be drinking this for the Game of Thrones Season 3 Finale!!

Blackberry Mead.jpg

We could start a mead for Game of Thrones and have it be ready for the start of Season 4?!? Someone start the thread!!

Done. :)

I'm going to try to come up with a recipe this week and get started ASAP. That dragonfruit idea mentioned above sounded good, but I can only imagine how expensive it would be. I'll post updates in the new thread. Hopefully other members are just as interested!

Raspberry , vanilla mead & Blueberry vanilla mead both about 2 months old clearing up nicely

ForumRunner_20130312_202051.jpg

ForumRunner_20130312_202037.jpg

A forest fruit melomel I started on New Year's day :) I wanted this to be a bit quicker drinking than the other meads I've got on, so it was bottled quite early. Tasty though, I'll try to store some of the bottles for a year or more.

DSC01426_zpse30b5f69.jpg

I'm tempted to do up some nicer labels, now that I've got printer ink again. It's a pain to remove those address labels though!

YAcnt2w.jpg

Medovukha, low ABV hop mead served very fresh - still with CO2 from fermentation. Very tasty.

I used either EKG or Hallertauer Mittelfrüher. The bag was unlabeled, which is sort of why I used it. 5 grams, a few minutes boil, cool it down add some honey until you hit about 1.040-1.060-ish (I decided to dilute to 1.043) and then pitch baking yeast. (Any other yeast will probably be too effective) Ferment for a few days in a pet bottle with a airlock and then make sure some pressure builds up in the bottle by putting the screw cork back on, put it in the fridge for a day or two. Drink.

Those were my interpretations of the very lousy instructions I found on some Russian site. Next time I'll use Cascade and try going for a little higher ABV, and wait a bit longer.

2013-03-12_21-11-27_25.jpg

Left to right - strawberry kiwi, orange with raisins, blackberry raspberry blueberry, orange blossom traditional.

The picture quality is rather poor. The two in the middle are about 2 months in and starting to clear nicely.

Was drinking a 2 year old sparkling mead, made with Windsor ale yeast. Tasted better than a gluten-free beer and had about the same amount of carbonation as a regular beer.

image-390410101.jpg

Some of my bottled orange blossom mead from a year and a half ago and my current 15 gallons I'll bottle next year. Left is a new batch of the orange blossom, middle is my raw meadowfoam honey and partial bochet hybrid, and on the right is my french oaked bochet that's been bulk aging for almost 2 years. It's gettin good.

mead1.jpg

mead2.jpg

This is my "return to brewing" show mead. It is a N Dakota Wildflower Honey which just may be the prettiest color I've seen. This was made on 1/26/13, OG was 1.110, it fermented dry to 0.998 and was back-sweetened (original honey) and stabilized to 1.015.

I wish I could really take a pic that shows the "glow" but you can kinda see it behind and to the right of the carboy:

photo%2520%25281%2529.jpg

This is my "return to brewing" show mead. It is a N Dakota Wildflower Honey which just may be the prettiest color I've seen. This was made on 1/26/13, OG was 1.110, it fermented dry to 0.998 and was back-sweetened (original honey) and stabilized to 1.015.

I wish I could really take a pic that shows the "glow" but you can kinda see it behind and to the right of the carboy:

Good Lord that looks awesome! Did you use any nutrient or was this just a water honey yeast deal?

Back