First full boil in 6 hours, and still questions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underwaterdan

Reaction score
As the title states I am planning to do an extract full boil in just a few hours and I need some help...
- I know I need to modify the amount of hops I add to the brew, but by how much(I have read 25% reduction) and is it all of the hops additions I modify or just some of them?
- I havent calculated the amount that will boil off so if I come up a little short I can still add a little water at the end right? I am thinking of starting with about 6.5 gallons.

Thanks for your help. Oh by the way I am brewing AHS Blue Moon Clone, which I hear is amazing...

60 minute boil? 6.5g sounds about right. That's how much i used for the IPA i made last week and i ended up with right at 5g.

My last recipe was one i got off here for a full boil. In the past i haven't really adjusted the hops. I guess it would depend on the style? If you're making something hoppy already, i would be inclined not to adjust. Since you're doing a blue moon clone, i might decrease them a little. Try searching for the specific ratio, but i think you're correct at 25% reduction.

Back