Sours ready...already??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Dub

Reaction score
Well I had a new baby boy last week today!!! Just had to put that out there.

I made some wild beers with lacto/pedio about three months ago. The flavor is mostly brett with some slight sourness. I would like more, but whatever.

Just took the gravities on 2 of them and it is 1.000 +/- 1.001.

I know they will get better with age, but I would like to bottle them soon. When I talked with Vinnie about bottling brett/sour beers, he thinks anything below 1.008 would be safe.

With such a low FG there can't be much CO2 being created. So with some wine yeast and heavy glass all systems point toward bottling.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks,

BW

I think you would be safe bottling. However, the beer will improve even more with age... I think Vinnie was only referring to bottle bombs at that gravity.

I hope you enoy!

FYI,

These beer are really good and getting better!!

So 6 to 7 months in and low FG+bottling+some aging= really good drinking!!!

I hit the beer with a brett (lamb and brux) 7 day starter on a stir plate (82deg F) and a good pedio and lacto hit 2 weeks later.

These beers are more brett than sour, but have a tang at the end. Not the spaceship tang either!

BW

Back