Krausen time frame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbachunk

Reaction score
I had a batch of beer that began fermenting within 5-6 hours and everything was fine but I began to have overflow. Much of the overflow was krausen and after only ~a day and a half my krausen is gone. I have always had the krausen for at least 3-4 days per batch. There is still airlock activity so some fermentation is occurring but I am making a big beer (est 7-9% abv) and worried I will get a beer that is to sweet.

RDWHAHB. Remember every fermentation is different. Let that bad boy sit for another week, then check the gravity.

RDWHAHB. Remember every fermentation is different. Let that bad boy sit for another week, then check the gravity.

As I plan on doing but was more concerned if i had lost something important in the krausen with the blow over.

It is fine. Blow off happens a lot. You may have lost a little bit of beer but that's it. Luckily the krausen didn't end up on the ceiling. :)

Back