National Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 47131

Reaction score
I have what I think is a simple question - The competition rules for the National Homebrew Competition note that entries need to be in a bottle that will fit in a standard case box slot. They note the measurements of a standard case box
slot as 2.75 inches long x 2.75 inches wide x 9 inches high. Now, technically don't the short bottles that Lagunitas, North Coast and many others that I can't think of right now still comply as they fit in a 6 pack holder, even though they are slightly short and fatter? I have a tendency to bottle my beer in whatever I have available and if the standard longnecks are preferred, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks!

I have what I think is a simple question - The competition rules for the National Homebrew Competition note that entries need to be in a bottle that will fit in a standard case box slot. They note the measurements of a standard case box
slot as 2.75 inches long x 2.75 inches wide x 9 inches high. Now, technically don't the short bottles that Lagunitas, North Coast and many others that I can't think of right now still comply as they fit in a 6 pack holder, even though they are slightly short and fatter? I have a tendency to bottle my beer in whatever I have available and if the standard longnecks are preferred, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks!

The cases for the Lagunitas, North Coast, Pyramid, etc are a different size than the Deschutes, Sam Adams, Rogue, New Belgium. You can fit some of the short fat guys in a case with the taller bottles but not the other way around. Personally, I would recommend going with the 'standard' bottles. Handling the cellar for a competition is not trivial and having bottles of odd sizes can really create problems.

It's not a huge deal though. They are really trying to avoid grolsch and 22 oz bottles.

Thanks guys, that's what I thought, but was having trouble finding some of my beers in the standard longnecks...

Latest posts

Back