Basic Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtisj

Reaction score
Just looking for a list of things
That every standard brewery should have.
Just the components to a small brewery!

Cheers

Carboys (Tanks) - Fermenters - Sanitizer - EZ clean- brew kettles. HYDROMETERS (several, they break)Big spoons to stir the boiling wort. Brew belt (assuming you're brewing small batches) or other temperature control devices. Thermometers.

I am talking about a professional level brewery. At the most basic equipment they would need to produce beer... like mash tuns etc

The basic equipment a professional brewery uses are the same as a basic all-grain homebrew kit:

Mash Tun with mash paddles
Hot Liquor Tank (HLT)
Boil Kettle
Primary Fermenter with Temperature Control
Brite Tank (pressurized holding tank....basically a giant keg)

Hydrometers
Thermometers

That's about it. A professional brewery is just like a home brewery except larger scale, and they will typically have a few more gadgets that help with automation and consistency. When it boils down to it (pun!), it is the same process, though.

I've even seen a professional brewery that has what is basically a 8 barrel Brew in a Bag system with a mechanized pully where a single vessel is used for mash, HLT and boil.

The basic equipment a professional brewery uses are the same as a basic all-grain homebrew kit:

I've even seen a professional brewery that has what is basically a 8 barrel Brew in a Bag system with a mechanized pully where a single vessel is used for mash, HLT and boil.

thats crazy!? which brewery might that be?

I don't recall, but I saw it while I browsing NY breweries for a road trip I did back in August. I'll see if I can't track it down...

I googled "3 bbl brewery" and wow. So just pick a production volume you can wrap your brain around (we're just in the dreaming stage, right?) and google away.

I googled "3 bbl brewery" and wow. So just pick a production volume you can wrap your brain around (we're just in the dreaming stage, right?) and google away.
3bbl Brewery:
Number 1: $25,000+ Thats just in brewing equipment. Not including pipes connectors little odds and ends and a place to put all of it.

Number 2: Beer Storage ~ Multiple large fermenters.

Number 3: Read This:http://***********/stories/list/indices/55-turning-pro

I assumed the OP was referring to a commercial brewery. Could very well have been mistaken. But if that was the case, the costs don't surprise me.

Latest posts

Back