Newbie From North Carolina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

Reaction score
Hello Guys & Gals,
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jeff from Cary, NC. I started brewing back in '94 and, after doing about 15 batches, stopped brewing in '98 to pursue another hobby (1966 Pontiac GTO).
I got the itch to resume brewing at Christmastime, bought supplies, and last weekend brewed 5 gallons of hi-octane (1.077/72 IBU) IPA. It's still in the primary, I'm hoping to rack it to secondary by tomorrow. I use extracts & specialty grains and Wyeast w/ a 1 quart starter. Brewing takes place outside with propane Cajun Cooker & 15 gallon beer keg (w/ ball valve & thermometer) that I fabricated back in '95. I'm excited to be back in this wonderful hobby and look forward to sharing info with the forum.
Go Hurricanes!
Jeff

Welcome back to the addiction! BostonBrewin' from NC...hmmm......wondering if I should change my name to NCBREWIN' from Boston :D...Any connections to the Hub?

welcome aboard! seems like the North Carolina gang is starting to move in on the Texan's for most memebers!

Truble,
I grew up in Billerica, Framingham State grad ('88), big Sox, Pats, B's fan. Left the Hub in '89. Still have family in Southboro, West Boylston, Northboro & Townsend. I miss the snow and Dunkin' Donuts!
Jeff

Nice- I grew up in South Weymouth, graduate of Bsoton College High School (91) and College of the Holy Cross (95), now living out in Upton. I love the snow until about february, then I am ready for pitchers and catchers to report. I normally don't mind the weather at all, but a bad car wreck this winter has left me wanting for spring.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I miss the snow and Dunkin' Donuts!

I miss the snow too. :(

I used to live near Boston (Dracut, then Belmont and last in Waltham) before I moved down here in 2004. My wife grew up in Chelmsford.

Go Sox!

Kai,
Nice to see another Beantowner relocated to the Tarheel State. Morrisville? I could hit your house with a Grolsch bottle from here. But I won't. LOL. Pitchers & catchers report to Ft. Myers in a few weeks, can't wait!
Jeff
Red Sox Nation, NC Chapter

From B'rica huh? I'm from Ipswich and used to work in Lowell. Did you become a 'canes fan by default or were you a whalers fan before? I don't know if you have heard of it, but I wanted to suggest www.HockeysFuture.com This is my favorite site on the whole web

Hi, Hippie
I was born in Lowell, grew up watching Bobby Orr & The Big, Bad Bruins. Still pull for the B's but they suck so bad. I slowly swung my allegiance over to the 'Canes. My daughters and I are BIG hockey fans.
Ipswich? SEND ME SOME CLAMS, MAN! I'LL SEND YOU SOME PORK
jeff

I'll look into what it takes to ship 'em. You guys are really tearing it up down there! Gerber looks pretty good. Good luck unless you face us;)

How couldn't I love a punk band with a bagpipe that sings songs about hockey & drinking? Speaking of which, I should look into their St. Pats day show...

I'd take 5 Orrs against 5 Gretzkys any day of the week. I'd even let you put a Lemieux or Howe in as a 6th attacker. (hold on, let me put on my flame-retardant underwear)
Dropkick Murphys? They're great, although I haven't seen them live.

Let's continue this under the Chit-Chat section under "Hockey, anyone?"
Jeff

Back