Beer for St. Patty's....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a student at the University of Illinois, and we have a time-honored tradition here called Unofficial. Basically it is when the entire student body of around 40,000 celebrates (drinks all day, morning till night, class or not) St. Patrick's Day but a bit earlier than normal. Its going to be held on February 29th this year. I want to plan a brew for me and my friends that will be indicative of St. Patricks Day that will be ready for Feb. 29th. Any Ideas?

Thanks all.

Arrog@nt [email said:
B@st@rd]uh....you[/email] better hurry.:eek:

I know! GAH! there is nothing out there that can be ready in about a month? I heard Hefe only takes about a month.....

Less than ideal time for most beers but you should be fine.
A dry stout is a good Irish style thats small enough to not be a problem. A red ale would work also. Give the beer 2 weeks in the fermenter then bottle, so it has enough time to carbonate and condition some.
Then when you get that one started, get a couple more started and make sure you always have plenty in the pipeline. That ensures you don't have to drink beer before its ready.

Craig

Back