Perlick 575 turned into 525?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Recently bought 4 perlick taps 3 of are 525 and 1 is 575 yet all function as a 525. I know I had a 575 at one time so I must've reconfigured the internal workings. How can I identify my 575 without taking all my faucets apart? How can I get it back to normal?

I have my suspicions as the faucet on the far right pours much slower

The 575 faucet lever is the only thing different from the 525. Along with the creamer thingie in place of the solid ball of the 525, it has a square section that's supposed to keep it from spinning in the bearing cup, unlike the lever for the 525. But all that ends up hidden by the bonnet anyway, so you can't see it.

Thus I think you're pretty much stuck with having to pull the handles and bonnets until you find the one with that square section inside the bearing cup opening. Go with your suspicion at least to start. Might get lucky.

If during a cleaning cycle you rotated the faucet lever from it's original position before installing the bearing cup and bonnet, I'd expect that will disable the "push-back creamer" function...

Cheers!

perlick_525ss_part.gif

Back