Vintner's apple puree for cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneFeather

Reaction score
Could one us Vintner's apple purree for cider? If so what would be some disadvantages? I have not really seen any receipies for Vintner's used much in ciders. Thanks.

I actually saw a post on that product not too long ago and I don't recall if the person ever reposted with results. Apparently its a concentrate of juice only (no fruit) - (Vintner's Harvest Apple Fruit Wine Base?) and one 96 oz can makes a 3 or 5 gallon batch depending on how full or light you want the end product.

Bump!

I'm curious about this too, as I've never brewed a cider before but would love to know how it would fare in Brandon_O's Graff recipe. Anyone have any thoughts?

I used the pear concentrate to make a pear cider. I had used the 96oz to make a 3 gallon batch (that crept up to 4 gallons). I added several cups of sugar and water until I reached 3 (4) gallons and an OG of 1.060. I came out pretty good. It was lacking in pear flavor so I added pear extract to bump it up... but that is a pear issue, not a Vintner's Harvest issue.

I would say your only drawback would be cost. 5 gallons of juice at Costco is pretty cheap. I don't know what the apple juice concentrate costs, but the pear was like $36.

Back