I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course we can't go down this road without a little Marty.
Especially for a couple "old dudes".

Last edited by a moderator:
And the swiftness of the ranger is still talked about today... another great song... love the music here...

This is my wife and my song. Nothing spectacular but it is our song. We live a weird life and the last two years have lived in different states (geologically) but love each other very much. I got to admit though, the physical location separation sucks a$$! and is slowly killing me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv5b0UjR4g&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CbGwkf12a4S32Vhikzy0ru

Can't go wrong with Elvis. He was the king after all.

Sorry to hear about you and the wife.
Being apart is hard.
Tests the relationship for sure.

Snaps, 7 Spanish angels by Willie Nelson and Ray Charles is one of the best song's ever sung!

I'm really starting to like this thread a lot!

Snaps, 7 Spanish angels by Willie Nelson and Ray Charles is one of the best song's ever sung!

I'm really starting to like this thread a lot!

All the best music. Songs you haven't heard in a while.
What's not to like?

Lucky we all seem to be old enough to have some common musical interests.

And look the sign in the background... "Farm Aid" Support your local farmers, buy local, please....[/QUOT

Glad you are still here Bobby girl. I think I'm going to be on this thread all night and hope you stay up with me, you too Snaps! :tank:

Well, another great song on a show that I'll bet we all have fond memories of.

I wish there was still a show like this in T.V.

I think I made a mistake. When I say "snaps" I'm referring to 45_70 sharps. My mistake. Sharps do you have a handle a little easier to type?

I think I made a mistake. When I say "snaps" I'm referring to 45_70 sharps. My mistake. Sharps do you have a handle a little easier to type?

It doesn't matter.
No matter what you type, I've been called worse.

One last video, then I'm going to quit being a video posting whore.
This is one of the all time great country songs though. The live version again.

One of my favorite songs sung by Jonny Cash.. Ragged Old Flag. Brings tears to my eyes. Close your eyes and just listen.

One last video, then I'm going to quit being a video posting whore.
This is one of the all time great country songs though. The live version again.

Good last one.... My hubby seems like he should just as soon see me go as see me stay... placed that wreath upon his door... he stopped loving her today....

I used to hunt quite a bit. Now with a 9, 6 and 1 yr old things become much harder. My 9yo and I make it out a few days a year for quail and dove, and I try to go kill some ducks a few times a year. Maybe the odd coyote and rabbit abatement with my in-laws. I miss the days of sleeping in the canvas wall tent and freezing my butt off, eating crappy food and drinking crappy whiskey...wait a minute...

Bobby, I know you think I am listening to my daughter's ipod or something like that.

Posting an early Trevor Hall song. I like his songs. In a totally manly way, love this guy as a brother and to the music he gives to this world. Pretty sure his music would sound better with a joint in hand.. I can't do that but would if I could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkCpNQL_tEI

I used to hunt quite a bit. Now with a 9, 6 and 1 yr old things become much harder. My 9yo and I make it out a few days a year for quail and dove, and I try to go kill some ducks a few times a year. Maybe the odd coyote and rabbit abatement with my in-laws. I miss the days of sleeping in the canvas wall tent and freezing my butt off, eating crappy food and drinking crappy whiskey...wait a minute...

I know the feeling.
I've got a 7 year old daughter and I'm a single dad.

My hope is next year if I bow hunt deer and muzzle load for elk, maybe I can get enough time in.
Long seasons where I can maybe get a chance or two while my daughter is visiting her mom.

Green Berets huh?

Get through the noisy beginning of this next video. I think you'll like it Snaps.

Edit: Forget it. Each time i try to link or edit the link it keeps going back to a Trevofr Hall video.

Maybe I'll try later.

Green Berets huh?

Get through the noisy beginning of this next video. I think you'll like it Snaps.

Edit: Forget it. Each time i try to link or edit the link it keeps going back to a Trevofr Hall video.

Maybe I'll try later.

That explains it! I was wondering why you posted the same video.

Man this thread moved fast! Speaking of hunting again, I was wrong about my dinner. I brought the last of a pork roast with apples and carrots. Tomorrow I'll start working on the venison leftovers. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a freak about finishing all of our leftovers. I go through them very methodically. Honestly, I probably have a little OCD in regards to finishing things. I do it with soap, spices, leftovers, drinks, etc.

I try and get through the leftovers, but my daughter is a bit of a picky eater and I don't eat lunch most the time so sometimes things slip by.
Pork roast or venison roast would not be something that slipped by though!

Man this thread moved fast! Speaking of hunting again, I was wrong about my dinner. I brought the last of a pork roast with apples and carrots. Tomorrow I'll start working on the venison leftovers. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a freak about finishing all of our leftovers. I go through them very methodically. Honestly, I probably have a little OCD in regards to finishing things. I do it with soap, spices, leftovers, drinks, etc.

I am also methodical about leftovers... Gotta finish them off... 2 days in fridge, 3 days in fridge... eat through them methodically by date....

You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run... You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table... there'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done.
:p

Maybe I need to eat lunch at work more.
That's the best way to go through leftovers.
I do hate to see good food go to waste!

Not a big lunch guy.
I don't stop at work to eat too often.
Probably should though. It's certainly healthier.

I put on about 25lbs my first year on graves. I'm taking it off now and have only been having a small snack during work. It sure is easy to eat a lot on graves.
Been doing a lot of salads and omelets trying to get healthier again. I've been racing bicycles since I was 12. Never had to watch what I eat. This past season was my first season not racing in 20 years and I ballooned up.

Imagine my surprise when I accidentally clicked on Dan's profile and find that not only is he on HBT late at night, but he's a mere 5 miles or so from me!

If he lives where I think then its a perfect stop off for a morning beer on my commute home. How convenient.

My radio hasn't gone off once all night, and I'm so jacked up on caffeine I'm going nuts!!!!

My two oldest kids came home from 3.5 weeks of visiting their mother in Oklahoma late Saturday night, so I didn't sleep much yesterday, spent the day messing around with them instead. Today is my no sleep day (my Friday) so I'm screwed until 21:00. Kids are off school today too. Gonna need a couple brews I think.

In 11 years, I have only had one zero job night. I'll never forget it because at the very end of the tour, we were assigned a job that another sector was supposed to be responsible for, until in the midst of our cursing and screaming we heard the feeble voice of one of the guys from that sector pick the job up. It has never happened since and probably never will again considering I'm now responsible for 4-5 sectors rather than just one.

Back