Mini fridge conversion question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudebrews

Reaction score
Im interested in using a mini fridge that came with the house I'm renting but am running into a problem or two that I thought maybe some of you conversion veterans could help me with. I guess the main one is the door shelves; they don't seem to have any screws holding it into place, it looks like its just sealed on there. Ive seen a couple tutorials on fridges with these screws but not really anything covering those without any. Would this be a total hassle to rip off and try to reuse the magnetic seal? If it isn't that big of deal what would you recommend sealing the magnetic deal back on with? If it is a total hassle than I'm thinking about building a collar that would protrude out maybe 6 more inches but am a total handyman noob. What things would any of you recommend for a simple insulated collar? Seals, caulk and all. Thank you in advance for answering this noobie question... I greatly appreciate it!

Hi

The magnetic seal is what keeps the door closed. Without it, the door swings open (or you need to duct tape it shut ...).

You will spend several hundred dollars converting the thing to a keggerator. A good sized Craigs List fridge or freezer probably will only run $25 to $50.

Bob

Back