Any Sightings of Bigfoot 2012 yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to say, after enjoying my first Bigfoot of the year last night, that it is very very good. seemed much more together that the last two years. almost as if they'd aged it a bit longer. i bought two 6ers, put 8 bottles on the shelf with plans to enjoy the other 4 bottles soon... i think i need to get another 6er for immediate enjoyment! :rockin:

I am awful at keeping these around. I bought two sixers along with some other stuff, thinking I drink the other stuff. Already down to two Bigfoots. I guess I have to buy a case of the stuff.

almost as if they'd aged it a bit longer.
I agree with this assessment, but I wouldn't call it more "together." I have had bad luck cellaring Bigfoot. With age, the flavors become muted and leave it with a very bitter finish, which is what I'm getting right of the bat with the 2012 release. I've tried most every year's Bigfoot since 2006. The 2009 was my favorite, but only fresh. After 6 months, those great floral/citrus notes from the hops disappeared, and I don't think the age did anything positive for the beer. After a year, it was unimpressive at best. I'll be drinking this year's six pack rather quickly, I think.

One of the local breweries has 2009-2012 on tap tonite...wish I could make it across town

I picked up a single this week. I remember loving this beer 15 or so years ago; it was pretty unique then. But now? It seems to me there are a lot of other clones of it out there, and it's just not that special anymore. I guess I'm not a huge fan of the American Barleywine style, either. I hadn't had one in a few years, but it was kind of a let-down.

Picked up a sixer at Sam's Quick Shop in Durham NC yesterday for $12. There it is nestled in with some good friends. Yes I take pictures of the beer even before it gets in the glass... :)

image-2705647736.jpg

Picked up 12 tonight on my way home for $13.99/sixer. Kind of pricey, but I may pick up the other twelve on payday if they're still there. One six pack is already destined for the coat closet for a couple years.

BF2012.jpg

I found some in Shelbyville Indiana. They had them in the $9.99 mix your own six rack. I got one to try and if I like it I'll go get the others. Will it age well?

I'm told the distributor in my part of VA will have it on the 7th so should be in stores in a week or two. Looking forward to this year's version.

You can sit on 'em for several years. Store them in a cool, dark place if possible.

Bigfoot has been in my area for a little while now. But then again I'm 2 hours from Chico.

Finally found some in S. Florida. Total Wine finally got their shipment in last weekend. I bought a case and put one sixer in the fridge and the other three in hiding until next year. :ban:

I was going to pick up another 6er of it but total wine raised the price to 14 bucks. Plus its getting pretty warm here, time to brew a barleywine and let it age for winter!

Finally got it here in the shenandoah valley of virginia. Woohoo! Probably gonna crack one tonight!

Total wine in Ft Myers has had it for awhile. I am down to only a couple bottles, might need to get more.

Latest posts

Back