I need a clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clann

Reaction score
I had Orkney brewerys Red MacGregor last night and it was amazing.
I've looked but all I can find is from the website

Red Macgregor is a unique beer: delicate and sophisticated yet the robust cask conditioned version of this beer was the first Scottish beer to win the BIIA World Cask Beer Gold Medal.

On the nose, this ruby-red beer is delicate, floral and fruity, with notes of violets, cherries, toffee and caramel.

On the palate, the fruits combine with a juicy malt character and hints of toasted malt, with a biscuit malt and spicy hop finish.

Crystal and chocolate malt give this beer its distinctive ruby-red colour, and its backbone of toasted malt flavour; Cascade hops, rarely found in darker beers, give the floral, perfumed fruitiness

Any help is appreciated:mug:

I had Orkney brewerys Red MacGregor last night and it was amazing.
I've looked but all I can find is from the website

Red Macgregor is a unique beer: delicate and sophisticated yet the robust cask conditioned version of this beer was the first Scottish beer to win the BIIA World Cask Beer Gold Medal.

On the nose, this ruby-red beer is delicate, floral and fruity, with notes of violets, cherries, toffee and caramel.

On the palate, the fruits combine with a juicy malt character and hints of toasted malt, with a biscuit malt and spicy hop finish.

Crystal and chocolate malt give this beer its distinctive ruby-red colour, and its backbone of toasted malt flavour; Cascade hops, rarely found in darker beers, give the floral, perfumed fruitiness

Any help is appreciated:mug:

Here is a shot??
5.5 gallons

7lbs Marris Otter
1.5lbs Munich Malt
.50lb Crystal ~60
.25lb Chocolate Malt (350 not 500)

Hops
Bullion .75 oz - 60 min Spicy
Fuggles .50 oz - 30 min Floral
Cascade .50 oz - <2 min Cascady?

I would imagine that you would have to throw some cherries in there I would probably throw a little bit of cherry extract in at flameout and then maybe do some secondary fermentation with cherries if you want??

I tried to stay within the Scottish Export 80 guidelines for alcohol and IBUs, but I am not sure what the ABV was and if that was even the style...but this sounds good to me...

Thanks for the crack at it Koed. :tank: Should have said that the beer is 4%

Didn't notice the cherries in the literature or the beer. Mabye I need to do a little more "Research and development":D

E-mailed the brewery and they would not share any information with me. They did share nothing as nice as they could:cross:
Oh well.:(

Well here is what I found...

From The Real Ale Almanac
Og 1040
Abc 4%
92% pipkin pale malt
4% crystal malt
1% chocolate malt
3% torrified wheat
Omega for bitterness
Cascade for aroma
25 units bitterness