Best software for ipad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfenton78

Reaction score
I received my iPad a few days ago and I've been looking for some brewing software specifically for the iPad. Other than BeerAlchemy Touch and iBrewmaster are there any others?

What are the pros and cons of BeerAlchemy and iBrewmaster if you used them? To me iBrewmaster looks like they stitched a few iPhone screens together.

Jeff

There are a lot of threads on here about this. Between BeerAlchemy, iBrewmaster, and (for iPhone) BrewPal, it really just comes down to personal preference. All have similar functionality, and it's tough to quantify their different UI design choices.

For me, BeerAlchemy's interface was annoying enough that I stopped using it even though I really liked the fact that it syncs with Macs. Others report loving BeerAlchemy. I'm not sure what you mean by stitching a few iPhone screens together, but I've liked iBrewmaster's interface better than anything else out there (which is not to say that it couldn't be better).

I use Brewpal on my ipod. Maybe not the most advanced software out there, but works well for me. Plus it is pretty inexpensive.

Bought iBrewMaster last night. Found a minor bug in boil volume calculations but otherwise it's an impressive piece of kit. Love the mixed US / metric measurement support.

Yet another +1. Love the iPad version and have pretty much switched from Beersmith although I loved that program.

Will Ibrewmaster give you the calculations if you want to take a regular 5 gallon batch and make a 2 gallon ? I was about to buy beersmith for this reason.

Back