Please check my gas line set-up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmnop

Reaction score
I have my two regulator bodies and a manifold connected to my 5# co2 like so:

co2 === utility reg === ber reg----manifold< 2 kegs

I use the utility regulator for cleaning kegs and whatnot. But every time I use it my co2 tank is empty within 24 hours. If I don't use the utility regulator it lasts for at least a week or two (haven't checked longer than that), but then it's a PITA to clean my kegs etc. Is this because the utility reg should be on the other side of the main regulator? Or is it just a leak I need to chase down?

To push oxyclean/hot water/starsan through the posts.

My question is: is there any reason that turning the middle regulator on and off would cause a leak? Like it would bottle up pressure and not be able to shut off fully or something?

To push oxyclean/hot water/starsan through the posts.
+1 that is what i do too.. i use a caustic cleaner that is reusable and just push threw the posts also... there shouldnt be a need to even turn your regulator down... my setup is 3 regs and i never turn them all the way down when im not using them.. i do have quick connects on everything so i unhook or hookup my line with ether the ball lock, pin lock or sankey gas line for the keg im using.. i check everything from my primary reg wich is on my bottle in the basement to the other 2 regs wich are upstairs and all the fitting ans seals on the kegs with soap water in a spray bottle.. you ill know if you have a leak... my last one was on the top of o2 bottle i just had traded, i just tightened the nut on the valve and it went away.. if i would have just hooked the new bottle up and not checked it i would have gone threw that bottle in a week because i never shut my gas off.. i go threw 20# of gas in around 8 to 10 months...

Back