look what I found in my keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
2249-IMG_2818.JPG

This is a paper towel, that must have been in the StarSan bucket when I sanitized the keg. When I then dumped the StarSan, it got left behind. I started to wonder why the beer ran so slow when I tried to rack to a serving keg. After taking out the dip tube I was very surprised to find this :)

Kai

Haha!

I found part of my shower head (I clean my kegs in the shower) at the bottom of my keg once, didn't notice till i'd finished the beer. :drunk:

Un related but Once on Christmas day I was last to pour the gravy over my turkey and a large spider fell from the Jug on top of my plate. Full view of every one. My Aunt was rather embarrassed tried to take the dinner from everyone and made my Uncle offer to try and get us all in a restaurants.
Bless, every one ate the meal including a few green looking veggies!:D

orfy said:
How did the beer taste?

The beer actually tastes quite bad, but I blame it on the hops that I was using. Almost every batch I made with this particular bag of Halletrauer hops came out with a rather harsh and astringent after taste.

I can only drink the beer as Radler (mixed with lemon soda).

And no, it didn't have a string attached ;)

Kai

Kaiser said:
2249-IMG_2818.JPG

This is a paper towel, that must have been in the StarSan bucket when I sanitized the keg. When I then dumped the StarSan, it got left behind. I started to wonder why the beer ran so slow when I tried to rack to a serving keg. After taking out the dip tube I was very surprised to find this :)

Kai

Man that is some serious oxygenation. When did you first notice the cardboard taste?

And to have it come out like that? LOL.

Back