Turkey fryer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link just takes me to THD's home page but non-the-less, many people on here use turkey fryers for full boils! I use one as well...works just fine.

nevermind... I found it.

One comment about those round fryers... if you ever try to put a converted keg on it, they don't sit on there right. The bottom of the keg is bowl-shaped and they are unstable looking.

But... I'm sure that fryer will work just fine with a flat bottom kettle.

I bought and used the cheapest turkey fryer I could find (on sale at WalMart, right after Thanksgiving) and it had no problems boiling 10 gallon batches.

The link didn't quite work - but if you are talking about the 30qt Fryer - then YES... I (and many others here) use one just like it. I do 5 gal. batches all the time... but know that it isn't quite 30qts. it closer to 7gal (28qts) at the top... I usually boil at 6.5gals with no problems. BUT I keep a squirt bottle close by and really pay attention for boil-overs while coming to a boil or adding hops.

Some ppl on here also use FermCap to stop boil-overs.

Yea I still plan on doing five gallon batches. I am getting a kegerator and I'm gonna buy a few corneys and start doing full five gallon boils. It's gonna be nice.

BTW I'm getting the kegerator for free my cuzin has one and doesn't need it anymore.

FYI: if you cut-n-paste the link in the browser, it works just fine. Clicking it, though, doesn't work.

It must be the Brinkman with 7.5 gal pot for $70...I am in the market too. I would be curious how the burner on that one compares with the Bayou Classic SQ-14 at HD for $50? I was planning on getting the SQ-14, but would be willing to pay the extra $20 to get an extra boil pot.

Also, does anyone know how well Keggles would fit on that Brinkman stand?

Whether you are frying a turkey or fish, Brinkmann's Cooker Stands and Turkey Fryers provide you with the best performance. This turkey fryer comes complete with 30 quart boiling pot. Includes turkey stand with hook and 12 inch deep fry thermometer. Designed with safety in mind, the temperature sensor automatically shuts off gas flow to prevent overheating. All Brinkmann outdoor cooker stands and turkey fryers are certified to the latest CSA testing standards.

Heavy-duty steel construction
45,000 BTU cast iron burner
Fill markings on boiling pot to prevent overfilling
Temperature sensor automatically shuts off gas flow to prevent overheating
Includes turkey stand with hook and 12 in. deep fry thermometer
MFG Brand Name : Brinkmann
MFG Model # : 815-4001-S
MFG Part # : 815-4001-S

it's only 70 bucks and comes with the pot!

It must be the Brinkman with 7.5 gal pot for $70...I am in the market too. I would be curious how the burner on that one compares with the Bayou Classic SQ-14 at HD for $50? I was planning on getting the SQ-14, but would be willing to pay the extra $20 to get an extra boil pot.

thats exactly what it is.

See my earlier post with the warning on it. I would never use a round fryer like that with a keggle. They don't sit on there right... leaning to the side and easy to wobble around.

You could throw a square piece of steel grating on top of the burner and solve that problem.

it's only 70 bucks and comes with the pot!

I'd have a good look at the pot out before you get too happy about it.

Many fryers come with a very cheap aluminum pot. You could give them a bear hug and crush them easily.

They'll work for sure, but are not super durable.

This one might be different, though. The ad doesn't say what the pot is made of.

Check Sutherland's. Got mine w/ a 8 gal. pot for $30 there. Last time I went in, they were clearancing some w/ 28qt. pots for $25.

as long as it has at least a 8 gal. pot, it will work great. 10 gal would be better. boil overs happen.

+1 boil-overs happen. I have even boiled over a 15gal keggle with a 5gal batch, ughh!! Bigger is better, and you WILL want to go to 10 gal batches soon. Its the natural order of things around here.

As far as the fryer, I started on the exact same one and it will be just fine.

Peace out

I picked up an all stainless fryer from the "Bargain Cave" at Cabella's orig price was $220 marked $125, talked him down to $60. It was missing 1 bolt.

I have used it for 4 batches now, 3 since switching to AG and I love it.

Back