Beer Make You Healthier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scrambledegg81 said:
Being a Type 1 diabetic for 2 decades now, I've noticed that since I became a beer geek, I tend to use less insulin....

Yes, one of the side effects of alcohol is to lower blood glucose. Glucose rich fluids is the first treatment of alcohol intoxication.

I havent had the Flu in like 10yrs. I work around the public so you'd think id get it yearly. Their might be something to this. Then again I eat alot of crushed red pepper. I hear that has anti bac properties also

On numerous occasions, I have taken my blood pressure and pulse before drinking and after I've had a few brews. Without fail my numbers are always lower after I have been drinking a few. Maybe I'm onto some groundbreaking research here?! Realistically, I don't think so...but it is strange. I have low pulse and blood pressure to begin with, but I get in the 110/55 range with a pulse of 46 after 2-3 brews!

Naw, this is well known. Also, take your blood pressure the morning after, and it will likely be higher than normal.

Not sure all this beer is really good for you.

I am 91 years old and am finding the last few months that the beer is causing brewers droop if I have more than my daily 6 bottles.

Not sure all this beer is really good for you.

I am 91 years old and am finding the last few months that the beer is causing brewers droop if I have more than my daily 6 bottles.

Perfect so 42 beers per week is the ceiling... post retirement that is. :mug:

On numerous occasions, I have taken my blood pressure and pulse before drinking and after I've had a few brews. Without fail my numbers are always lower after I have been drinking a few. Maybe I'm onto some groundbreaking research here?! Realistically, I don't think so...but it is strange. I have low pulse and blood pressure to begin with, but I get in the 110/55 range with a pulse of 46 after 2-3 brews!

Its not strange, its biology...alcohol is a sedative.

I've had a cold for a 9 days now....it started three days after our pipeline ran dry.

Sure, probably a coincidence...but I'd rather err on the side of caution and stick to my daily, moderate homebrew consumption.

:mug:

Back