What make/model mini/bar fridge fits four kegs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dna_alexov

Reaction score
I've got 4 cornelius 19L kegs - three are the standard tall/thin ones and one is a Coke corny which is slightly shorter and a little fatter (22" x 9" to be exact versus the 25" x 8.5").

I'm looking for a small bar fridge that will fit all of them. I'm limited to about 35" height and about 24" width and about 22" depth. I've found a few at stores and locals that are near that size and would fit all four except for those dang compressor housings in the back which take away about 9" height in the back end only leaving room for two kegs.

Does anyone have any makes or models that will fit 4 kegs in my size limits??? Or if I buy one that is too short in the back end due to the compressor housing, what if I cut two 8.5" circular holes in the top of the fridge and have the kgs sticking out the top by 6"??? Would I lose major efficiency in the fridge? I would probably put a towel around the gaps, but I would not want the kegs int he fridge permanently so I would not caulk it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dumb question - but wouldn't a freezer be too cold and cause the beer, pop, etc to freeze. I know most freezers have a temp control, but I didn't think you could actually set a temp below freezing? Am I wrong - do most freezers have a temp control to set it to just chilling versus freezing?

Thanks

An external temperature controller must be wired to a freezer. Do a search for "Ranco" or "Johnson" temperature controller and you will find lots of info. You are correct, a stock freezer will freeze your beer, even on the warmest setting.

Oh forgot. A chest freezer would also not be optimal as I want my fridge or freezer to fit under my bar within an open space. This space is approx 35" high, 22" deep and 24" wide. If I get a chest freezer, I would have to pull it out each time I wanted to access the kegs as there would be no room to open the door otherwise. That is why a fridge is better since the door swings out vs up. Are there any small freezers that have a door that swing out?

Thanks

A small freezer would also have a compressor housing in the back and since most small refrigerators use the top for part of the condenser, you can't cut them.

I doubt you'll find a solution, too much stuff in a small space.

Speaking as someone who has searched every option available to us for weeks very recently, I can say with confidence that there is nothing that can deliver.

Also, you asked about sticking the kegs through the top 6 inches. How on earth would that still fit under the bar? Or are you planning to have them stick through the bar too?

No, If you are looking for under bar start thinking a two corny system.

And just because you have four cornies does not mean that you have to have them connected to taps all at the same time. You need some kegs in the pipeline. In fact, I would say that four kegs are pushing it for a two keg mini fridge. I have 6 kegs and feel that this is a minimum to make sure that I always have 2 on tap and something waiting to be tapped.

Ninny kickers and naysayers all.... a creative outlook is all that is required here.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/4-6-cu-ft-fridge-10-1-cu-ft-fermentation-chamber-conversion-88554/

That really looks great. Definately gives me some fresh ideas and options to custom make something. I see in your setup, you didn't actually cut up the original fridge but rather only took the door off and basically extended the fridge and reinstalled the door to the addition. Do you know if I can cut off one entire side of a fridge to add my extension? Would there be any electronics or anything on the side wall of one of these small bar fridges.

Thanks

And just because you have four cornies does not mean that you have to have them connected to taps all at the same time.

Actually, I will need them all connected. I have a 4-tap beer tower all plumbed to my 4 kegs. I plan to also have one beer, one wine (yes wine, but it will be sparkling due to the co2 carbination), one home made cooler, and then one actual Coca-Cola (I have a bud that works for Coke and he can always get my keg filled when it runs dry).

So, yes I do need a fridge to keep all 4 kegs cold at the same time.

That project is not mine. It is member -TH-'s.

That said, if you do want to rip out a wall, you will need to ensure that there are no refrigerant lines or electronics in the wall. Try to find a repair manual for your model.

Back