wife says only have one beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDogBrewing

Reaction score
I'm trying to cut down on my drinking (not) my wife often mentions I should only have one beer after work. I went for a Sounthern Tier Oat- Oatmeal Stout- 10.5%abv, 22 oz. Problem solved.:tank:

I sometimes have only one after I get home from work. Doesn't mean I don't also have one while making dinner, and possibly one after dinner too.

One after work 3 - 4 days per week and 3 - 4 on Saturday and Sunday.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I like the "only 1 In dog beers" thinking!

If my old lady tried telling me how much I could drink...wtf, who wears the Pants in this relationship...talk about power of the PU****

not to be rude, but unless your trying to lose some weight or have an actual drinking problem...or act like a jacklass when you've had a few it should completly be up to you.

I like the "only 1 In dog beers" thinking!

If my old lady tried telling me how much I could drink...wtf, who wears the Pants in this relationship...talk about power of the PU****

not to be rude, but unless your trying to lose some weight or have an actual drinking problem...or act like a jacklass when you've had a few it should completly be up to you.

It is completely up to me...I do not need to lose weight, still have a flat stomach at the age of 37 and am in reasonably good shape. I enjoy 1 or more beers on a regular basis...

good deal!

Congrats on the flat stomach at 37...I've got to limit my Homebrew drinking Because of the gut issue!

well, theres no reason in the world to knock drinkin 1-2 High ABV beers Vs X amount 4%beers! thats for sure.

I'm trying to cut down on my drinking (not) my wife often mentions I should only have one beer after work. I went for a Sounthern Tier Oat- Oatmeal Stout- 10.5%abv, 22 oz. Problem solved.:tank:

Cool.SWMBOs are all the same, you have a few beers they moan, you don't have any, they want to bring you one. All I can say is feck 'em...

She may be abusing you.They do one beer limits in Africa and Hati maybe even hell. Tell her how Jesus turned the water into wine thats alot of wine,and im shure they had to have plenty of it before it ran to sea or something.

i have a beer right after work, too. and it tastes so good i have another 1 to make sure my taste buds are working correctly, and then another 1 as a reality check. then i start thinking about not having another 1, but since my thinking isn't so clear anymore, i have another 1 to clear my head

Is wifey suggesting you drink before work instead of after? Seems kind of unsafe to me. Unless you work at home, and if that's the case I'm sure a compromise can be reached.

i have a beer right after work, too. and it tastes so good i have another 1 to make sure my taste buds are working correctly, and then another 1 as a reality check. then i start thinking about not having another 1, but since my thinking isn't so clear anymore, i have another 1 to clear my head

YES.....I love it!!!!

So she says just one, ok!

One drink per person.jpg

I was going to return the favor and suggest a keg system like you did for me. Am I right in thinking that might cause a rift in the wife/time continuum? (Still have to finish my setup btw)

I was going to return the favor and suggest a keg system like you did for me. Am I right in thinking that might cause a rift in the wife/time continuum? (Still have to finish my setup btw)

You are quite correct, I've been suggesting I should start kegging for a while now. SWMBO isn't going for it.

For some reason I always seem to drink too much when it is that certain period of the month and the rest of the time I am a responsible drinker?

Maybe the wife is right? It's very easy to go from 1 beer after work to 2, to 3, etc. I do it and have to sort of put a limit on my 'after-work-beers'.

After I've had 1 after-work beer I'll be eating dinner soon and then drinking 'after-dinner' beers so setting the after-work beer limit to 1 isn't such a bad idea imo. But as soon as you eat dinner it's no longer 'after work', it is then 'after dinner' so drink up.

The fiance tells me I should limit myself as well. I tend to only drink maybe 1 a night (okay, maybe 2). I think of it as preventative measures, so I don't have to cut back in the future. Trouble is, she's the one that suggested kegging. Then told me I should get another so we're not stuck drinking only 1 beer for 5 gallons. What's a guy to do!

Also: jmendez29, your signature is great. Kyle

Back