Simple Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixCoyote

Reaction score
Hello,
I am planning on making an apple ale for summer. Since i am only adding apple extract to get that flavor, i need a simple ale recipe, or kit. A Pale Ale? Blond Ale? Maybe a Hefe? Something straw in color etc. I am looking for the taste of Mooses Tooth Apple Ale in Alaska. That stuff was good! Any advice will be appreciated. Thank You.

6 lbs. light DME
1 oz. cascade for 60.
.5 oz cascade for 30
Safale 05

Add flavor to bottling bucket. Call it good. I really wouldn't want any hop or yeast specific flavors. Make this baby a clean, neutral apple taste. Any mellow hop will do, but the cascade may add some tartness to it.

Another choice:
3 lbs light DME
3 lbs rice solids
same hop, same yeast

That would be less beer-flavor and more fruit flavor and still keep the ABV around 5%. I would do the first, one, but there's a couple options.

Kayos said:
6 lbs. light DME
1 oz. cascade for 60.
.5 oz cascade for 30
Safale 05

Add flavor to bottling bucket. Call it good. I really wouldn't want any hop or yeast specific flavors. Make this baby a clean, neutral apple taste. Any mellow hop will do, but the cascade may add some tartness to it.

Another choice:
3 lbs light DME
3 lbs rice solids
same hop, same yeast

That would be less beer-flavor and more fruit flavor and still keep the ABV around 5%. I would do the first, one, but there's a couple options.
Thanks Kayos,
I will try the first recipe you mentioned. Appreciate your advice.
Phoenix Coyote

Back